Unsure??

Lou-b-lou

Reaction score
Hello every one!
im new to posting but have followed B&B since i became preggers... its a great site. I need reasureance, my little one has just turned four months:happydance: and i have given her her first taste of baby rice, she was waking in the night and not really happy with feeds (BF)

do you girls think i have done the right thing?? i have not asked the HV cause they are crap and just tell me what they have to not what they think.

Sorry if this is a silly post:blush:

Were their any other weaning signs? If she was watching you eat, interested in food, and not satisfied with full bottles, then you've done the right thing!

It really depends on the baby. I started Hannah on a bit of baby rice at 3.5 months, once a day, in the evenings. Honestly it didn't help with her sleeping at all! She still woke up once a night (at least) to be fed. It wasn't until we fully weaned her at 5.5 months that we were able to get her to go through the night without a feed (and she still wakes up but not to eat :lol:)

Welcome back!

thanks, she has shown signs of intrest when we eat and she is sticking everything in her mouth! i think i will keep going once a day just in the evenings. Its good to get an understanding of what others are doing.... everyone seems really friendly on here thanks.

:wave: nice to see you posting :)

i would say if she's showing signs then yep do it! don't worry too much about hv, i found mine really mean tbh! maddi wasn't weaned till after 6months, but thats when she was ready and all babies are different, and they seem to tell you when they're not ready x

I gave rice at 3 months... One of the big indicators is if your baby previously slept good at night and is now waking more then milk just isnt enough. Thats one good thing to go by, you dont always have to wait for other signs... As long as your baby has good head control

if you feel the time's right then trust your mummy instincts!! i started katie at 11 weeks, i knew it was right for her. i could tell my HV agreed, but had to tell me to wait. she told me the other day that up to a couple of years ago the guidelines were 12 weeks and before that it was 8 weeks. it all depends on your baby tho xx

ETA: i've not found it helps with sleeping, katie's still waking for a night feed, last night she woke up twice!

mummys instinct is good. i think you've done the right thing. hi by the way!!! xxx

:hi:

I've just started Jay on baby rice as he started to show an interest in our food and seems to want to bf much more than before. He also started waking in the night again.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->