Untreated hydrosalpinges and IVF is there hope?

THANKS REDDYSGIRL!!!

What an inspiring story. It is so hard to know what course to take. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am thinking to get them removed only because I am 36 and we are thinking of going to straight to ivf. Like your DH my hubby wants me to fix them and leave them be. Last night I made him do a bunch of hydrosalpinx research last night:haha: so he has a better idea of what we are dealing with.

I am so glad your ivf worked even inspite of the hydros.:hugs:

Hi girls just wanted to share my story. I was diagnosed with blocked tubes with hydrosalphinges and in January 2011 I had laporoscopy to try to unblock the tubes. I had a scan in April to check if the tubes had refilled with fluid, which they hadn't - great news! On 24th December 2011 I finally started my IVF treatment, but in January just before my egg collection they did a scan and saw that the fluid had returned. My partner was adamant that we should continue with the egg collection and transfer anyway to see what happened (even though the doctor said it would half our chances). Anyway on Friday 3rd February 2012 I got my BFP after my first IVF attempt! I know it is very early days but I just tried to stay positive and it worked, against what the doctors said. So there is hope for all of us!
xxxx

Reddysgirl, you really don't know how happy I am to hear you say that! Congratulations on your bfp :happydance: How is it down in Kent? Hope you're staying warm.

I have just come back from my final scan before egg collection and just like you, they saw fluid in my tubes. To cut a long story short they have offered for us to have any embies frozen and replaced later, if we wish. We're finding it incredibly difficult to make that decision, and have downloaded just about every journal article there is on the subject! Could I ask whether you took any antibiotics before collection? How many embies did you have transferred and on what day? Thanks for giving us hope, and :dust: for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

THANKS REDDYSGIRL!!!

What an inspiring story. It is so hard to know what course to take. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am thinking to get them removed only because I am 36 and we are thinking of going to straight to ivf. Like your DH my hubby wants me to fix them and leave them be. Last night I made him do a bunch of hydrosalpinx research last night:haha: so he has a better idea of what we are dealing with.

I am so glad your ivf worked even inspite of the hydros.:hugs:

Ha ha, you're probably reading all the same articles as me! As someone who is now half way through IVF, I'd say get your hydros sorted if you can beforehand. It's always in the back of your mind otherwise that you could have done more. Good luck :dust:

PG- I have read so much which has lead me to reading studies on rabbits and rats which make me really sad because I hate animal testing!:wacko:

Good luck on egg collection:thumbup: Why are your doctors wanting to wait and freeze for later? I know they saw fluid but do they think it will go away? :wacko: What are they suggesting as a plan of action if you do freeze them?

Maybe I am not understanding....

Because the stimulation part of IVF increased the amount of fluid in my tubes (apparently that happens a lot), the hope is it will go away in a while, meaning that I have a better chance with frozen. That's the idea, anyway!

Here's a useful article.. https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(11)02424-0/abstract

Post number 446 here https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/491023-list-your-ivf-successes-here-45.html also gives us hope!!

Wow 6 tries of IVF until FET bfp!!! I hope you don't have to wait that long PG!!! I am unsure I would be able to endure that to be honest. (I guess we never know what we can endure until we are there).

We will be doing a cost warranty program at our clinic which is 3 IVFs and Unlimited FET (until eggs from the 3 ivf's are gone). If all of that doesn't work we get 70% of our money back. This includes ICSI but not meds. So basically we spend as much as the clinic in the end.

How long do the doctors think it will take for the fluid to go away? How frustrating for you to have to wait. :hugs:

I hope your fluid subsides soon and you get lots of great eggs. Keep us posted.

Here's a useful article.. https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(11)02424-0/abstract

Wow what a great result. I guess it would make sense that FET would work better because the tubes aren't affected by all the stims.

PG I have been stalking you - congrats on the 8 eggies!!

PG I have been stalking you - congrats on the 8 eggies!!

Thanks LL! Just found out that 7 have fertilised, the doc advised us to go for a fresh transfer. Good to have the frozen plan for next time if we need it. Have a good weekend!

You might as well go for it seeing you have so many to freeze! How many will you be transferrring?

Ah, well it's too early to say. They'll call us on Mon, if we still have 5 by then, they'll do a five day transfer of one on Wed (we're funded by the NHS, and they will only do one). I doubt we'll have any to freeze, but fx. It's a case of waiting for natural selection to take place, it's inevitable some will stop dividing between now and then, but we'd be over the moon if we had any to freeze.

Sorry, when I said frozen plan, I meant for the next cycle. Just realised what I wrote could have been confusing!

Just an update from me to give anyone like me some hope in future. I hate finding threads where no one follows up! Just come back from 7 week scan to see our little peanut's heartbeat. So, we had :bfp: after eSET FET. It was medicated and we had one week of antibiotics before transfer. That was our only hope to deal with my hydros and it worked! Good luck everyone and :dust: and :hugs: to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->