Unusual bumpage...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Bekkiboo, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Bekkiboo

Bekkiboo Guest

I have noticed that my bump in this pregnancy is odd.

It's not anything you can notice to look at but the top half of my bump is hard like a proper bump, but the lower half is all soft and squidgy :shrug:

It's not where the baby is lying because it's been like this since I got a bump and i'm pretty sure the baby has moved since then!

Thinking about it... when I was up the hospital because of pains and the midwife felt my bump, she did comment on how 'squidgy' it was, and squidgy was the exact word she used!

Anyone else got a bump like this?? Or is it just me??
    :hugs:

2. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

Haven't got a bump yet, but loved the title of your thread and also wanted to say how envious I am... look at your ticker, you'll be in double figures tomorrow, only 99 days to go!! Best of luck with it...

3. Bekkiboo

Bekkiboo Guest

Oh my gosh... I only just noticed the double digits thing now you mentioned it :happydance:

Don't worry hun, it comes round quick... Only feels like yesterday I was running around our local high street like a mad woman asking the local pharmacists if there was really a line there LOL

4. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Well-Known Member

i have a 'squishy' bit too....but thats what was left over from my first pregnancy!! all the top is hard (especially when she decided to stretch up there!) and the lower half is hardish, but i do a have a soft squishy bit right at the bottom.....mines left over baggage from the first baby!:rofl:

5. Bekkiboo

Bekkiboo Guest

Most likely what it is then lol, left overs from my last 2!

6. kookie

kookie pregnant with no 4

yep i have that too i put it down to leftovers from my last 3 lol so your not alone hun

7. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

I have it too, when I sit down my trousers cut in and I just look like I have two big belly rolls - very attractive :rofl:

8. Bekkiboo

Bekkiboo Guest

I'm beginning to feel a whole lot better about it knowing i'm not alone x

9. adzuki

adzuki Mom to Miss M.

Yep - my bump is really hard on top, and squidgy on the bottom - though the leftovers that caused it are probably different from the one's you're referring to... ;)

I can't wait to get rid of the B shaped bump - pop out belly button, pop out!!!

;)
    A

10. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

NOOOOOOOOO I don't wanna sticky out one!!! I have a phobia about belly buttons :rofl:

11. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

Mines hard all over, is that normal?

12. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

My bump is exactly the same as yours Bekkiboo, hard at the top and soft at the bottom.

13. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

Oh don't..... my belly button started popping out weeks ago and it REALLY grossed me out when I first noticed it!!! If my OH touches it, it makes me feel sick!!!

14. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

:rofl:that is great...I was the same way. I just kept staring at the stick and staring at the directions. So funny.
    How hard is it, really?

15. Bekkiboo

Bekkiboo Guest

Well i bought the pound shop variety so the results were pretty weak.... even the pharmacists were like ''ummm, I think so'' :rofl: verrrrry helpful!

16. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

Ah, the pound shop..I take it that is like the dollar store here. Everything's a pound? Yep, heard the quality is lacking a bit in those:)
    I had the a bit more expensive drugstore brand but I was so shocked I still thought I must not be reading it right...lol