unusual name?

bambi90

Reaction score
So if we have a boy we have decided he will be called Ronin, I can't find it on any baby name sites or in any books. I'm not actually sure where my boyfriend found the idea for the name but I quite like it what you all think?

Isn't a ronin a ninja who's master has been killed but who refuses to commit suicide as required by their code, this making him an outlaw? I vaguely remember reading the Wikipedia entry after seeing the trailer for 46 Ronin (or possibly some other number...).

I think you may be right I know its something to do with warriors which made me unsure of it at 1st but I think as its so unusual I've grown to like it

Nothing shows up on google for Ronin, however Ronyn is known as a girl name and Ronen is an Irish boys name meaning "Little seal"

I think it's okay. Would you pronounce it Ronn-en or Rown-en?

We would pronounce it as Row-nin, I have discovered where the idea has come from its definitely the film 47 ronin but still unable to find it on any name websites so we could possibly have 1 very unique name

We would pronounce it as Row-nin, I have discovered where the idea has come from its definitely the film 47 ronin but still unable to find it on any name websites so we could possibly have 1 very unique name

where are you looking :wacko: if you google 'baby name Ronin' you get 590,000 results all linking to baby name sites with it

its listed on sites like:

baby name wizzard
baby names world
our baby namer
baby names 4 me
baby center
magic baby names
baynamespedie
and many more

it is Latin, Gaelic and Japanese and means 'little seal'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online