Unusual night time bedwetting.x

shimmyshimmy

Mummy of 2.
Reaction score
Good evening,
My son has been an absolute star with his potty training, all done when he turned 3 years old. Occasionally he has the odd night time accident especially when we are away, or have just got back. But this lasts one to two days at most, and then he is fine again. Anyway, this week he has a night time cough, and every night (5 times on the trot) he has wet the bed. I feel really sorry for him, because he absolutely hates it.
Do you think it could be the night time cough, or could this be related to him starting school in a couple of weeks, and/or Mummy having a new baby. Which I should add he has seemed absolutely thrilled about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. He has now just turned 4.

Thanks,
Shimmy,
xxx

I am starting to think that everyone on here has children who never wet the bed so cant offer any advise.LOL!
As if.
Any ideas please!
Shimmy.
xxx

It could be a combination of everything.

New baby arrives, & as new baby arrives very soon after he has to go to school.

He may see it as his place been taken by baby even though that isn't the case.

It's a lot of change for a little person all in one go, and although he probably loves his new sibling to bits, he is probably just very anxious about everything. It may even be subconsciously.

If it doesn't settle down, maybe have a chat with GP or health visitor, but I personally think it is just that there are a lot of changes happening in his little world and it will settle down.

Hope this helps hun.

Thanks for the reply hun.
I think I made a boo boo.
I havent actually had the new baby yet. He has found out recently that I am expecting a baby.LOL!
I think it is the same thing really though, as he is a bit anxious about what is going to happen. I am hoping it is just the cough causing his bedwetting, as normally he takes everything in his stride. I really appreciate you responding, as I havent had much luck with getting any replies. So cheers for the advice,
Shimmy,
:hug:
xxx

Umm, bit embarrassing to admit this but, here goes!

After I gave birth (had a c-section, so no "downstairs" damage, but obviously after surgery I was weak, I came home from the ospital with bronchitis. Fhor a while, every time I coughed, I let out a bit of wee :blush: OK, the situations are totally different, but I just wanted to share my story because obviously the act of coughing and weeing are connected in a physiological way. You have to tense up certain muscles, ultimately at the cost of others, if they are not as strong as they could be!

If he is thrilled about the new baby (congrats!), then that can't be an issue, and at 3 I doubt that he can project worries ahead to about a new school - he's too little, his mind is all about the present, here and now, not about mysterious and unknown events 2 weeks in the future.

I wouldn't worry yourself. Try and get the cough cleared up and I'm sure the wetting will stop! :hugs:

Thanks Magic, I know what you mean there.lol!
He seems to be getting there now, every other night he is wetting the bed. So this is an improvement on every night.
He may be worried about starting school next week, I really dont know. Someone said to me that children regress a little over the summer holidays at this age. I can see what she means.
Perhaps when he is back into his normal routine things will improve,

Shimmy,
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back