Unusual situation with going off BCP

lovestosing

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Sorry if this is long-winded/confusing/not posted in the right forum. I am new and freaked out!

This is something of a unique situation, so I'm trying to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I am 24 years old. I was put on yaz for PMDD & heavy periods when I was 15. When I was around 20 and began having mood difficulty, my GYN said I did not need to have periods at all, so I have been taking the pill continuously for 4 years. I NEVER had any breakthrough bleeding, noticable side effects, etc.

About 1 1/2 or 2 months ago, I started having some cramping and mood swings that were unusual for me. Thinking that my GYN may have not been right about the continuous birth control being safe, I saw another doc who told me I needed to stop and have a period.

A few days ago, I thought my period was coming because I started having cramps (not horrible, but there) followed by about a day and a half of light brown spotting. VERY light. Not even enough for a pad. I was pretty sure that was the beginning of AF, but she never showed!

Is it possible that AF will still show up? Could this have been implantation bleeding? Or is it just my body trying to get back on track after stopping the pill? So confused. Help! Thanks!!

I believe that The Pill thins out your uterine lining. I was on it for 15 years before stopping recently, and I haven't had a "real" period since (9 months ago). Only brownish spotting every month like clockwork... Curious to hear from others on this. :)

Hi
I've recently come off Yasmin too (about 7 months ago) and just had my first real period. I had one in Feb and brown spotting in May but thy was it. I was going crazy! But I think your body takes time to start regulating hormones itself or something. Give it some time and see what happens...although if you're having unprotected sex/TTC pregnancy is always a possibility x

You'll proabably find that the spotting was actually your period. I was on Microgynon for 10 years but took the regular break every month and my periods got lighter and lighter. If this is your first break in a long time then it is still governed by your contraceptive. If you stop taking your contraceptive you will probably find your next period will be much heavier and you will probably get much more cramping. I couldn't believe the pain of my periods once i came off the pill! I never had cramps or pms or anything when on the pill. Theres no need to worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->