*update about health insurance* and had first RE visit today :)

hopingforit

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with my RE today.:happydance: They couldn't give me information about the costs out of pocket for my insurance and said I should check with them about copay amounts or whether things are covered before I do the tests. I called my insurance and they are trying to tell me that I have to have billing codes in order to get any information. My dr office said this shouldn't be necessary but they are insisting on it. They said they can't give information without these codes but I have tests for 3 different places and I don't know how to get the billing codes for them. I think that is why the Dr office didn't have information...my insurance company is impossible. I even just asked them if they could tell me whether I have anything covered for fertility related things and they said they couldn't tell me. I need to have exact billing codes. Is this weird or is everyone's insurance like this?
So...I am sooooo excited because we are getting closer to the goal of having a baby. The doctor seems to think that because I am having spotting before my period starts sometimes, my progesterone level may be low so that is one of the tests that he is looking into. It is really good timing that I was ovulating today and he was able to tell me that my CM seems good for around ovulation. He scheduled me for thyroid tests, prolactin, progesterone, FSH, and Estradiol. He also gave me a slip for my DH to get a SA. I loved his language. He told me "IF" AF starts, he will do an HSG. He is hoping that it doesn't start....as am I. :) He also told me he doesn't care when we do the SA just as long as it isn't today or tomorrow because my DH's sperm needs to be in me...not in a jar...he just cracked me up. I just need to figure out if HSG is covered under my insurance but like I said...they are not being very helpful. I have a call into the fertility line at the Dr office to get billing codes for the infertility tests.
Oh and a really embarrassing question but I've never had this done before in an exam so I want to know if any of you have experienced this before....and if so could you tell me what the doctor was checking as I was too embarrassed to ask. He stuck his finger up my backside as he put it and pushed on my stomach. That is rather embarrassing :blush: but does anyone know what that is done for?
I cannot even describe how happy I am right now about getting the ball rolling. :happydance:

:dust: to all of you

Hey that is great news!! Congrats on taking the right steps toward your baby!! As for the finger up the bum...LOL...it's to check for any abnormalities & such:

Regular pelvic exams and Pap tests are important to detect early cancer of the cervix. In a pelvic exam, the doctor feels the uterus, vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes, bladder, and rectum for any change in size or shape.

Hey that is great news!! Congrats on taking the right steps toward your baby!! As for the finger up the bum...LOL...it's to check for any abnormalities & such:

Regular pelvic exams and Pap tests are important to detect early cancer of the cervix. In a pelvic exam, the doctor feels the uterus, vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes, bladder, and rectum for any change in size or shape.

Thank you for the information lol. It's kind of embarrassing but I've had 5 or 6 pelvic exams before and that was a first for me. :blush:

They don't do it to me every time, only every few years. (Glad it's not every time!)

I just talked to my insurance company after getting the information I needed and I am sooooo happy because they told me that as long as it is medically necessary, infertility treatment is covered at 100%. I don't even have a copay for the HSG! I am just so excited that I can get this done.

:O No way!! That is freaking awesome!! congrats girl!! You must have amazing insurance!!!!

:O No way!! That is freaking awesome!! congrats girl!! You must have amazing insurance!!!!

Thanks!!! My DH works for the state and he told me when we first got the insurance that the people he works with said it's awesome but still...infertility coverage is usually limited or they don't give it at all....so I am SUPER excited. I called my hubby at work to tell him and he was like...I can tell you are so happy right now. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->