*Update* AF 28 Days Late - Negative Test at Docs

UK Sarah 33

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Well ladies - another BFN this morning - 20 days late - went to the docs today and she didn't seem that interested. She reckons that HPT's are pretty accurate however has suggested I take a urine sample in next Monday and I will get the results a few days later. I asked if the hospital tests were any different to the HPT's and she said that they are similar however they are tested in a controlled environment......
When I mentioned about having a blood test, she said that wasn't an option and that she had never heard of a pregnancy confirmed via blood test??
She has given me a blood test form because if the hospital test comes back as negative then I can get a blood test done which apparently may indicate other issues not relating to being pregnant.
So........if all of these come back clear and still no AF then she will send me for a scan..

She asked if I felt pregnant and I just laughed and said I'm 20 days late! Never been late in my life and always have a 28 day cycle, so yes I am having symptoms but they're probably all in my head!

So I pretty much walked outta there feeling worse if anything!

Wow thats messed up. U need to go to a nicer and SMARTER Dr! Lol
It sucks to not have AF and not know whats going on, I am 9 days late now, BFN yesterday and done testing cuz i spend lots of $$ already. If AF don't show for another wk I am headed to the Dr too. Stressful huh? Do u have any symptoms? My bbs hurt a little today and i am confused even more. lol Well hun good luck, hope for the best! :hugs:

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat hun! It sucks hey!

But it isn't over until AF arrives!

Symptom wise - light headedness and on and off achy feeling in my abdomen just like AF is gonna arrive...........

Gonna test again on Friday......got two more tests left! When are you gonna test again?

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat hun! It sucks hey!

But it isn't over until AF arrives!

Symptom wise - light headedness and on and off achy feeling in my abdomen just like AF is gonna arrive...........

Gonna test again on Friday......got two more tests left! When are you gonna test again?

I feel like testing today again lol but tests are pricey! Im thinkin to get the ebay cheapies but they seem confusing and hard to read..ill probably just wait for another 3-4 days and test on friday. I just think Af will arrive idk why if i was pregnant i would know, at least have a little bit of symptoms. And when we BD OPK was negative so i think i missed the O or it came late and i might be pregnant, i hope!
:hugs: keep posted!

Sounds pretty promising to me. A HCG blood test can indicate a pregnancy alot earlier than a HPT so I'm not sure why she would have said that. Over here in SA we have the blood test done privately so when I had a positive HPT I went for a blood test and they confirmed it that very same day. Can't you ask for that over there? GOOD LUCK! I hope this is your month :thumbup:

Sorry you dr was so rubbish. Of COURSE a blood test confirms pregnancy!! Is she some kind of donkey?? I'd ring the hospital and blag a blood test - just tell them you were given a slip by your doctor and see what they say!! My dr gave me a blood test the same day to confirm my second pregnancy so I say push for it, and if required, see another dr!

Good luck!

i think you need a new doctor!! they can test hcg levels in your blood, i dont understand why they would say that to you

I think u need a new doc too. Can u make an app with a diffrent doc at the same practise? A blood test is more accurative than the urine test especially if ur late.

I did have lots of BFN with this pregnancy so it can happen. But i also had one time where my period was late 3 weeks, and i was so sure i was pregnant, and wasnt. And it has never happened again.

Good luck

Thanks Ladies - I did think it was a bit odd when she said that about the blood tests!
I could get one done privately but it would cost..........

Can't stop laughing about your donkey comment Lamburai!

Oh, I don't know.....I just guess deep down I think that I'm not pregnant......I have been ttc for a couple of years now with a previous partner and 6 months with my current one..........
Had a 21 day blood test a year ago and she said ovulation was borderline so maybe she thinks it's impossible for me to be pregnant!?

you are in the UK right? bloody hell, how i hate the NHS. Why is it every time you go to the doc here they make you feel like you're a hypochondriac, or wasting their time or something? SO annoying. I think you should go back and bug them till they do something about it. grrrrrr, NHS.....
~S~
xxx

www.alfabeats.blogspot.com

you are in the UK right? bloody hell, how i hate the NHS. Why is it every time you go to the doc here they make you feel like you're a hypochondriac, or wasting their time or something? SO annoying. I think you should go back and bug them till they do something about it. grrrrrr, NHS.....
~S~
xxx

www.alfabeats.blogspot.com

totally agree, i've been fobbed of more times than you can imagine

why do they do that?! we know our own bodies better than them to recognise if something is 'off'! SO annoying.
another thing i hate is how rushed you feel when going there. the one day i waited for over an hour, and the doctor saw me for less than 5 minutes, and then got annoyed when i asked a question!!
gets me wound up just thinking about it!

i dont think i have ever been in a dr's office for more than 2 minutes (literally) but yes have spent up to an hour waiting !

my hubby got private medical cover today as part of his bonus at work. I was so so happy till i realised i still have to go through the NHS gp referral thing first!

the one time i went with a sore throat - the doctor *actually* looked in my throat and made this worried noise sending me into a momentary panic.

Then he said: "hmmm, I can't seem to find your tonsils"
To which I replied: "That's because I don't have any"

DOH!! NHS FAIL!!

Thanks for your comments ladies......

I have just checked the blood test slip and if the hospital tests comes out as negative and I go for a blood test, she has ticked "Liver" and "Thyroid" and "FBC"..........bizarre? Though she did say that this would be to test for other problems and not if I am pregnant......

Anyway, I am considering testing with a digital test as I hear they are quite good.....

Oooh this is so frustrating.....GIVE ME STRENGTH!

There is another option, you may not have ovulated the last cycle hence why you 21 days bloods might have shown low pregesterone, thats why she thinks it would have been unlikley. Your sometime miss an af altogether when you have an anovulatory cycle, we all do it at one stage or another in our lives, quite common. You normally go onto O again around your regular time. Hope it all gets sorted out soon for you hun!:hugs:

To be honest, if I have skipped AF and then it does arrive at least I know what's going on.........also noticed "Prolactin" written on the blood test form.

Ho hum........watch this space I guess.........sending lots of baby dust to all you ladies that are late and still getting BFN's........x

To be honest, if I have skipped AF and then it does arrive at least I know what's going on.........also noticed "Prolactin" written on the blood test form.

Ho hum........watch this space I guess.........sending lots of baby dust to all you ladies that are late and still getting BFN's........x

Whats bad about Drs is that theyll go on further to investigate and they don't know what your body is like so dont worry what it's written. New cycle new beginning ;)

Thanks hun - makes you worry if she doesn't know that an HCG blood test exists yet a lot of people have them.
I even said to her whilst I was in there that I knew of some people that had requested this blood test to confirm pregancy because HPT's weren't working and they got their pregnancies confirmed but she just looked very vague and said maybe they do this abroad but not over here....
It's a shame because it is nice to have a female doctor and she is always really nice but just makes me wonder if she can't get something like this right then god knows what's gonna happen if I am pregnant and I need advice in the future.
Still no AF today..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks hun - makes you worry if she doesn't know that an HCG blood test exists yet a lot of people have them.
I even said to her whilst I was in there that I knew of some people that had requested this blood test to confirm pregancy because HPT's weren't working and they got their pregnancies confirmed but she just looked very vague and said maybe they do this abroad but not over here....
It's a shame because it is nice to have a female doctor and she is always really nice but just makes me wonder if she can't get something like this right then god knows what's gonna happen if I am pregnant and I need advice in the future.
Still no AF today..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I wouldn't go back to her. She's probably lonely and jeaous or something:winkwink: I am 10 days late grrrrrrr. Do you at least have any AF symptoms? I have been starting to get sore bbs so hopefully AF is on the way..or maybe i am pregnant or idkk:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->