UPDATE Being told won't make it another 2 weeks

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hi i'm 36+3 and booked in for a C-section in 2 weeks time.
I had my last midwife appointment today. she did the usual checks
measured bump that came out at 33cm
blood pressure 90/40
felt for baby and said it was hard to find my pelvic bone as my bump is so hard but baby is low.
she said he won't engage because although he is small he is too big for my pelvis and his head is grinding on my pelvic bone.
she asked about my birth plan that's when I told her I have my section in 2 weeks and that's when she said it will be unlikely i'll make it till then.

Anybody been told that and still made it?
I've been told through out my pregnancy that I would be lucky to make it to term. so this is making me worry a little as still have little bits to get and still need to set up the cot which hopefully we are doing this weekend.

I have not been told that at all, So I am no help. . I think the best thing you can do is get everything ready asap.

We didn't get any warning when water broke at 36 weeks. I had all necessities set up though; crib, changing area, clothes, bath. Baby doesn't need much in beginning really. So, my advice...get it done asap. GL!

Thank you ladies, hoping baby will at least hold out till after the weekend at least then I'll be 37 weeks

I find it really stupid when people say you won't make it to term.

With my second i had a sweep at exactly 40 weeks, i was then booked in for 9days later to be induced and told as i was 3cms dilated already i wouldn't make it past the next couple days. well i did i went into labour the day before my induction so 8days later. also none of my babies engaged but managed just find to have 2 normal deliveries, third was section due to breech.

so you can go into labour without baby engaging?

I can feel him trying too and i'm getting quite a bit of pressure down below and in my bum. my cervix also hurts for some reason. I know it's not because of sex as haven't had that in about 2 3 weeks

Definitely if you have had babies before babies are more likely to become engaged when in labour 😃

i'm booked in for a section on the 11th anyway. not too long to wait I guess

I take it you have been told baby's head is to big to come through that why your having the c section? It's not long at all! How exciting is that! Good luck

I take it you have been told baby's head is to big to come through that why your having the c section? It's not long at all! How exciting is that! Good luck

No, I have to have one because I've already had 2 and my hospital don't like doing vaginal births if you've had 2 sections.
thank you :)

He is here!! Went in Sunday after having a mixture of Braxton hicks and contractions every 5 to 6 minutes. Within 5 10 minutes of being on the monitor the midwife said it looked like it was the start of labour, was giving 2 co-codamol and then checked on again 3 hours later, as the contractions were getting more intense I was told I was going have to have my section that day (it was about half 12 Monday morning by this point) just before 3am we finally walked down to have my section, he only just made it term at 37+1 arriving on hubby's birthday weighing 6lbs 1oz. Will up load a photo when we are home as have no idea how to do it on my phone.

Wonderful! 2 special birthdays in one day!! X congratulations!

while pregnant with DS my doctor told me at 35 weeks that I probably wouldn't make it past 37 weeks... he was born at 39 weeks + 5 days! I was already 3.5-4 cm dilated when I went to the hospital though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->