Update: Devastated!! Just had the scan!

One of my friends had a mmc earlier this year and opted for natural method. It took absolutely ages - she bled a bit and thought it was over, but then still got positive pregnancy tests. It did go on a ridiculously long time - 3 weeks or so. In the end she was given some drugs that opened her cervix (I think??) which then passed everything out. I don't know if that's an option for you? Maybe give it a week and see what happens? Can totally see that a d&c is not very appealing :-( be kind to yourself nicolle xxxx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. :( :hugs:

I'm soooo sorry to hear about this! My heart goes out to you xo

I'm so sorry it wasn't good news.

I had a MMC last year and opted for a natural method. It did take a while. It was at least 3 or 4 weeks since finding out before anything happened and I had no pain/bleeding up until that one day it all happened.

It's not for everyone but I knew my body would deal with it eventually. It happened the day my AF would have been if I hadn't been pg. Not sure if that's coincidence or not though.

:flower:

I just realised on my scan result it said I had an anteverted uterus!! I would have hope that it's all ok! And maybe this is all a mistake but surely the sac should of grown more than 1.3mm in a week :( wish this wasn't happening

My baby measured a week smaller, but everything could be seen and I have a anteverted uterus. Don't know if that will influence the scan. I googled, but couldn't find anything. My hcg levels are good though. I hope this would be the case for you.

Again I'm so sorry for you Nicolle.

I had my third missed miscarriage earlier this year, with that one I couldn't quite believe the baby had gone and so opted to wait it out with a natural miscarriage. I didn't need to wait long, a week later my 7 week old sac (9 weeks pregnant) came, it was all over within a couple of days for me and like the previous poster has said it was on the day my AF would have been due. I had no further bleeding than those 3 days of miscarriage but it took a further 6-7 weeks for me to ovulate, and AF didn't show up either. It was a painful blow waiting for my body to return to normal. I caught that time again but unfortunately had another missed miscarriage, this time with twins.

I waited a few weeks but couldn't handle it any longer, I opted for a D&C and under the circumstances it was the right thing for me. I knew they'd gone and wanted it all over. I fell pregnant only a few weeks later and I'm currently optimistic about this one.

You need to think of the method that's right for you. Both the D&C and natural method were right for me at the time I opted for them, as my situation and mind needed the natural when I couldn't let go and the D&C when I had already let go and wanted it all over.

Sending you lots of strength and hugs, please feel free to PM me if you want to with any questions etc xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->