Update. Disbelief, 45 and game on it seems

thesnapper

Reaction score
If you had told me I'd won a trip to the moon I would have believed that sooner than finding out I'm pregnant at 45 years young.
3 home tests have confirmed ( digital says 3+ weeks). I suspect in or around 6 weeks.
My DD is almost 3 and we felt so incredibly lucky to have her as I realise i arrived fairly late to this party:))
Maybe this post might be the glimmer of hope to women out there who are waiting for their miracle to happen .

Oh I am so happy for you congratulations!! It really does give me hope as I was very worried as I am 33, every doctor is telling me at 35 its going to be very hard for me to TTC (We TTC #1). My partner is very relaxed about the whole thing as he has infertility issues he need to sort out but he is taking his time if I am trying to encourage I guess I say things out of anger we end up not getting along. Your story give me hope that miracle even after the estimated years can happens. Congratulations again wishing you a health 9 months!!!

Wow!! True miracle! Amazing news!

Congrats! I've been worried about not being able to get pregnant every time since I was 29. All through my 30's I told my DH I probably had scrambled eggs lol. I'm learning age doesn't seem to have slowed us down yet.

Wow congratulations momma.
I was really worried about my age when me shd my husband strated to ttc.
Everything I read in line was saying that 35 And over and how hard it is to fall pregnant.
I'm 39. Will be 40 in December and I'm 27 weeks pregnant.
I cudnt believe it when I got the positive test.
Ure story is inspiring.
I think its great that womon are having babies I there 40s. I hate it that men don't have a time ticking away like we do.
So seeing this has made my day.
Congratulations hon.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :happydance:

just an update.
unfortunately this is where my journey ends.
Had a missed miscarriage that ended in an erpc a few days ago.
Closing the door on a 2nd baby dream for a host of different reasons.
however here's to all you positive and strong women that are keeping the dream alive for either your 1st , 2nd etc or last.
Even though my happy news was very short lived I have lots to be grateful for
1- at 45 years young I got pregnant for the third time in my life.
2- all pregnancies including the birth of my daughter( now aged 3) happened after the age of 41 years.
3- all were spontaneous and I did nothing in particular whatsoever to become pregnant( well aside from meeting my wonderful partner at 38 years ).
4- my daughter born premature( NICU for 5 weeks ) weighing 3 1/2 pounds is now a perfectly healthy child full of sunshine and our joy .
I feel so incredibly lucky to have been given the opportunity to have one child at point in my life where I didn't expect it to ever become a reality that my current sadness of this recent loss is over -shadowed by a sense of gratitude to my body for showing me that life is full of surprises and sometimes when we least expect it , something incredible can happen . Good luck ladies

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->