UPDATE! Empty ultrasound, quantitative HCG test, miscarriage or wrong dates?

Hi guys!

I have another interesting update to add to this post from a week ago.

I had my first official visit with my pre-natal OB's office, as my prior visits had been with my regular OBGYN's office. The office that will be handling my pregnancy + delivery are wonderful and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I had another scan today and, to our surprise, I am still measuring in the 5 week range. Keep in mind, at the appointment last week, we were already confused why I wasn't further along as my LMP was 09/06. As of today, 10/28, they are measuring me at 5+5 with a due date of 06/24/16. Everything appears healthy -- HCG numbers were going up as of last week, no spotting, etc.

So if anyone ever comes to the forum and wonders if frustratingly late ovulation or implantation is a possibility, making you wonder whether or not you're a candidate for scientific experiments because your body apparently runs on a 104 day cycle, take a gander at my makes-no-sense dates and hopefully you won't feel alone!

So, TLDR dates:
LMP began: 09/06
BFP at home: 10/05
Blood work confirmed: 10/06 and HCG level was 35
Scan done 10/15: Uterus was empty
Second HCG test done 10/15: HCG level was 860
Third HCG test done 10/19: HCG level was 3100
Scan done 10/20: Found happy little sac and EDD 06/21/16
Scan done 10/28: Still a happy little sac and EDD of 6/24/16

I am going to be pregnant forever. What the heck, guys?

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure about this... Was there a heart beat? How far along are you supposed to be according to LMP? Have they considered super late ovulation or blightened ovum?

Hey Laila!

There was a fetal pole and the sac + yolk, so not a BO. Also, there was no fetal pole at the last scan, so that's a new development.

Doctor isn't concerned -- my IUD came out at the end of August, and she seems to think it messed up my cycle and I just ovulated/implanted abnormally late. Didn't see a HB but if I am measuring 5+5, that isn't very surprising. Time will tell -- have another can late next week!

Oh ok cool so then it's just late ovulation/implantation that's all! Next scan I'm sure you'll have a HB! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->