Update! HCG rising, but not doubling. Good sign???

Sarah, Congratulations on seeing the heartbeat! That's great news! Having a tilted uterus sure does make is harder doesn't it?

3buutifulgirl,
That's great news!!! I'm so happy for you!:flower: I'm sure your U/S will be perfect. Keep us updated!

filipenko32, sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I pray that both of our babies have good, strong heartbeats at the correct rate by our next scan.
My doctor said the same about the size. He said he was looking for growth, not really caring how big its measuring right now. I think your right, if I hadn't been being monitored so closely I wouldn't have any idea any of this was happening.
My doctor didn't offer me anything to help the heartbeat, I asked him if there was anything we could do and he said there wasn't. Are you in the UK? Perhaps they don't use steroids here?

Hi! I am in the UK. I see a doctor who is based at the QE11 in Hertfordshire. So pleased you found a heartbeat:happydance::happydance: From what i hear the jury's out on whether the steroids work or not but I am giving it a go anyway. I ended up measuring 6 weeks 5 days and I am supposed to be 7 weeks 2 days. The crl was 7.5mm, do you know what yours was? I think the growth from one scan to the next is the most important thing as you say but my doctor isn't even looking at that!! Just the heartbeat. Is yours? How much is the baby supposed to grow per day?

3buutifulgirl, what happened with your HCG levels? Good news I hope?

Thank you for asking yes they went up from 8204 to 20000 from thursday to monday, but I have to wait until the 17th to get my U/S...So happy that you got the hb :flower::happydance:

That's a brilliant level and a really significant jump - that's practically doubling isn't it? :happydance: Hope everything works out for you x

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to ask, do you have internal scans? I have an anteverted uterus (which means tilted i think) does that make things trickier to see / less accurate even with an internal scan? x

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to ask, do you have internal scans? I have an anteverted uterus (which means tilted i think) does that make things trickier to see / less accurate even with an internal scan? x

Yes, I have both transabdominal and transvaginal scans. Having a tipped uterus makes it much more difficult to get accurate readings. Its common for people like us to measure behind in the beginning.
My CRL was 7.9mm. Everything is looking good, just praying for that little heart![-o<

Hi ladies,

Yes, I have both transabdominal and transvaginal scans. Having a tipped uterus makes it much more difficult to get accurate readings. Its common for people like us to measure behind in the beginning.
My CRL was 7.9mm. Everything is looking good, just praying for that little heart![-o<

I'll pray for you too :flower: :hugs:That's interesting I didn't know that. I also thought that you might like to know that lots of doctors don't condone use of steroids especially with no 'immune-attacking' evidence as in my case and some doctors say there are risks to unborn child by taking these even though they are low risk. I was never sure but my husband thinks these are all miracle cures and is gung-ho about me having anything possible. I also have bloodthinning meds and progresterone meds 'just in case' but tbh I think that if a baby is going to carry on with or without a strong heartbeat it will without all this (in my case anyway as they haven't really found anything wrong with me). I've got a feeling you're going to be fine and I'll keep everything tightly crossed for you. Roll 2nd tri ey?!!! (Then we'll probably find something else to worry about. Well I will anyway!!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->