Update: It’s over.Help needed 4 weeks but low hcg...So confused and Scared

Babbystruggle

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
We had a long struggle to concieve and once we stopped all intervention to take a month break this month, we got our first BFP! I got a very clear line with Frer at 11 dpo.
Went to the doctors and they confirmed the pregnancy which puts me at 4 weeks.
The progesterone was at 18 which she said was good and estraidol is 200s which was also good. However my Beta was only at 13...
I am so scared that it means the worst.
Does anybody have any experience or stories with super low betas?

I dont know first hand but i saw a thread on here not long ago about low beta. Maybe try forum search at the top left hand side? Hope everything is ok x

HCG levels vary for everyone. You should get another blood test to see if it has been doubling.

My levels were 46 at 11dpo.

That number has to start somewhere, right? And it is different for everyone. I personally had betas come back at 36 at 13dop (so very well could have been 13 at 11dpo) and 58 at 14dpo and had normal pregnancies.

So many things can affect the number to start with-when the egg fertilized, when bubs actually implanted, when you actually ovulated etc. I have lower hCG levels normally, they don't rise really fast (in fact, I usually see my numbers stop doubling every 48 hours before I hit 5 weeks), and my babies tend to implant later. I have never gotten a bfp before 12dpo and I've even had a negative blood test the day AF was due only to find out I was indeed pregnant when I tested 2 weeks later to see why AF hadn't shown yet.

The rest of your numbers look fab so I'd get another blood test done to see what your beta has done now and go from there.

Absolutely go get another blood test. Doubling is very important but not all pregnancies do double and still go on to be healthy, these are not very common however. You are still very early so 18 is a good number. Wishing you all the best.

Like the other posters said your number has to start somewhere. Wth my last pregnancy my beta at 12 dpo was 11, 15 dpo went up to 33 and 18dpo went to 274.
The first beta doesn't mean much, you need to follow it to see if it rises.
Try not to stress too much, and hopefully you will get good news with your next round of bloodwork. Good luck!

Honestly 11 dpo is so early that 13 seems to be a good beta to me. My 11 dpo lines were always on the light side so that seems a reasonable number. I would wait for the doubling number, especially since everything else they checked you for had good levels. Good luck, hun!

Hello Everyone and thank you for your responses...
Unfortunately our unborn Angel has gained his/her wings today at just 4 1/2 weeks.
My hcg dropped and confirmed and I started bleeding today.
We are truly devastated and at a complete loss. No words can describe our pain but it did give us enormous happiness for few days.
Again thank you everyone for your time

I'm so sorry about your loss :hugs:

I know there is nothing that can be said to take the pain away but each pregnancy is special, whether we hold that baby for only a few weeks or months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->