Update on ' I feel this pregnancy is failing'.

nduati

Reaction score
Can someone pls give me their success stories with low hcg?

On the 9th apr my hcg was 17
10 April hcg 28
13 April hcg 64
17 April hcg 141
19 April hcg 341

The dr said this is a failing pregnancy. I have lower abdo pains but the same as my last successful pregnancy. I am taking a lot of progesterone and I have no bleeding.

Is there any hope???

how many dpo were you on those days? As far as I know ALL that matters is the doubling, and you're right on in that regard.. What else is going on?

I was 11 dpo with 17

My last one I was 21 dpi with 341. A few tests in between took longer than 2 days to double. One took 3.5 days to double but the last test is ok.

Those levels seem normal to me

mine were 135 at 14dpo and 470 at 16dpo

I just feel worried cause my previous successful pregnancies all had much higher hcg and very quickly went up. My previous miscarriages were like this. Low hcg taking ages to rise. I have had total 4 losses. 2 which have been my last 2 pregnancies. It doesn't help when the mean dr tells me it's going to fail!! Maybe I'm too old now!

They look good right now I'd "try" to stop worrying until you've got a reason too. Give the pregnancy a fighting chance ya know? I know it's hard.

Today's hcg was 480. 36 hrs since the last one. Taking about 3.5 days to double again. I'm still in limbo!!!!

Can't see anything on ultrasound yet.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, I really hope it's doing good things in there :)

It's just a waiting game now! I'll keep u updated with what happens

I just realised something. If I take my first hcg of 17 and then work out from my last hcg of 480 my doubling rates, forgetting all the ones I had Inbetween, my rates are doubling every 60 or so hrs so I am still in the normal range???? If i hadn't done the tests Inbetween I would never have known that some if them took 3.5 days to double.

Am I clutching at straws here??

Here's my hCG tests from my current pregnancy.
13dpo-38
17dpo-236
5+2-1874

If you do the math, you'll see I doubled between my first two bloods but not the 2nd and 3rd. My former doctor was convinced I was going to miscarry for three reasons (and told me so in no uncertain terms)-1. my hCG was 'too low', 2. it wasn't doubling after the first two blood draws, and 3. I was bleeding. I 'fired' her because I was already dealing with anxiety so bad I had a full-blown anxiety/panic attack when I got off the phone with her thanks to her brusque manner and harsh words. I switched to a different doctor and was SO glad I did because he was nothing but encouraging. Got me in for a scan at 6+1 and we saw baby and hb measuring just fine. No reason for my bleeding was ever found even though it continued til almost 11 weeks. Here I am at 28 weeks and still proving my first doctor wrong. You are def not out yet and I'd try not to worry though I know how hard that can be if you are getting 'bad news' signs from your doctor. I know the anxiety and fear well but the best thing is to just tell yourself that you are pregnant right now and at this moment, everything is fine. Hang in there and hopefully this is your rainbow baby.

Wow that's a great story. At least today I feel there is hope now! Thanks so much.

hcg only went up to 612 in 48hrs. cant do anything but wait................

Hi ya,

Its frustrating isn't it. My hcg levels are higher first was 809 then went up to 1294 (last saturday) so didn't quite double and i'm waiting on results today from blood test this morning.

I had a scan last sunday and they saw what they believe to be a sac in the womb but i'm booked in for another one tomorrow. I'm finding it all so frustrating, especially the waiting for results etc.

I could do with some good news today, feeling very down hearted.

When do you get tested again? have you had an ultrasound yet?

Hi Bumpbetty. I had a scan but can't see anything yet. Levels too low. I can't enjoy my pregnancy cause I'm constantly on edge waiting for it to end. Drs told me not to stop progesterone until the levels start dropping. If they start dropping......cause only time will tell. Sad thing is that DH won't try again. He is worried how to afford this one!!!! I feel ripped off. I hope your pregnancy works out. At least you are seeing something maybe on scan. And ur levels higher than mine u have a good chance. Lucky I work full time or I would be going mad staying at home worrying my self to death.

I do another test on Monday but I bet I will do one before that just to see what's happening!!!

They are still going up a fair amount so hang in there. I have no idea what my levels did in between those dates because those are my only blood draws for this pg. Hopefully things start looking up for you soon. Are you getting another ultrasound next week or so?

Hi Nduati,

Just thought i would update you and give you some needed positive hope. I had an ultrasound this morning again and we found a the little yolk sac. The midwife who did my scan said she never puts a lot of emphasis on hcg levels as they can vary so much from woman to woman. My levels are rising but not quite doubling.

I am wishing you the best of luck and i hope you get to see your little bean next tuesday. X

thanks bumpbetty im very pleased for your ultrasound result:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->