update on joshua smiling.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i done a thread about joshua smiling and that he only would do it when i was chnging his bum or getting him undressed for a bath.

well on friday morning (he would of been 4weeks and 1day) he was so happy i changed his bum and he was all smiles.

then for most of the day he was looking at me/hubby and was smiling and yeah it was defently a smile.

then the health visitor came round, i ws undressing him so he could get weighed and again he was all smiles and talking,well baby talking.

as the health visitor was leaving she was talking to hi, and he give her a massive smile.
she goes to me OMG that was a smile,OMG he is smiling.

so for her to say he smiled,he must be.

im so proud of my baby but hes growing up so quickly.

So amazing when they start smiling isn't it? :wohoo:

He'll be doing it all the time now :D x x

I bet you felt extra proud when the HV said it too! Am sure he'll be giving them out to everyone soon! :)

yeah its a fantastic feeling when he smiles.

it made me so proud when health visitor siad it.

health visitor said hes well advanced coz they shouldnt start smiling until about 8 weeks.

im sure that isnt right,is it?
i know all babies r different.

well they said Ally was smiling in hospital (1 wk old) and his smiles haven't changed since then. He was doing it lots by 3 wks. I think all babies are different but maybe if they aren't smiling by 8 wks it's not right? (feel awful for saying that just incase there is a baby here not smiling at 8 wks!)

I don't understand if it's a muscular thing that they need to perfect or a social thing. I thought it was social thing but my HV said they often start doing it in their sleep which made me think it must be that they needed to perfect using their muscles. Hmm. Either way Joshua is smiling now - hooray! Next stop - giggling! :D

yeah joshua started smiling very early on but didnt think it was as it was only when i was changing his bum and such.

he is baby talking and cooing,is that the age they start?

I think Ally started around 4 wks too. He seemed to really wake up to the world around that time. Not sure if it's early/normal/late though.

Hannah started smiling at around 4 weeks as well, although the last couple of weeks the smiles have been more and more directed towards us and less towards her mobile :lol:

Hannah started smiling at around 4 weeks as well, although the last couple of weeks the smiles have been more and more directed towards us and less towards her mobile :lol:

:rofl::rofl:

its cute and amazing when they start smiling, i remember when he started smiling, i spent whole day doing gestures so that he can smile again. :)

Aww! thats sweet! I remember the first time Colton smiled.. I cried :blush: LOL.
I love those little moments!
He will be smiling at you all the time now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->