Update on little Archie Robertson - more picts attached.

Dona

Reaction score
Since my last thread on Archies arrival I thought I should update you on how his journey has been so far. He is now two weeks + 3 days old and his weight has gone up by 2oz from 2lb 6oz to 2lb 8oz. Archie came out all signing and dancing and for the first 12 days he was really doing well. Then Sunday was the start of his first dip as they call it. Basically he is a very active little boy and that day he was not as active as he normally was. He also looked a bit off colour. So they ran some tests to see if he had an infection. Infection can be bad in a little prem baby as they can't fight it off for themselves. These tests included a lumber-puncture and taken blood to grow cultures. His need for oxygen has also increased. Everything has come back normal and he is on anti biotics just in case the results of the cultures show that he has an infection, that way they are on top of it. We should get the results of the cultures back today. He also has a little duct still open from being in the womb, this would normally close if he was full term so they are keeping an eye on that. This is why his need for oxygen has increased. Again, this is all normal for a prem baby. The Dr's ask you to prepare yourself for a roller-coster ride as it's always two steps forward one step back progress. However, you never think that your baby is going to be like that, you always think that he is going to sail through this - how naive.

Apart from that Archie is back on track again after his dip. He's been on full feeds (7mls of breast milk per hr) since being 5 days old - even when he was not well this never stopped! He looks just like a miniature baby and you forget that his insides are still immature.

I have attached some pictures. Until the next update...xxxx

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Archie 2.jpg
    Archie 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Archie cuddle 2.jpg
    Archie cuddle 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 118
thanks for the update hun glad to see he's doing so well, fingers crossed for your wee family the culture comes back clear ♥ :hug:

Awwww isnt he adoarable :) .

Glad hes feeding well hun , Hope he continues to grow big and strong . xxxx .

ah bless his little heart! stay as strong and positive as you are x

awww hun hes the most gorgeous thing ever!
Fingers crossed for good results and may he continue to grow and get strong.:hugs:

Oh my goodness he is beautiful. Keep up the strong fight Archie
XX

Awwww he is sooooo cute :) What a precious little boy . Thanks for the update i have been following your story on your son . What a strong little baby .

:hug:

What a precious little darling he is - and a fighter too xx

He's gorgeous! Keeping him in my thoughts and hoping he gets stronger and stronger each day :hug:

Aww thanx for updating, he's adorable and doing well x

Awwww he is soo gorgeous!!:cloud9:

Glad he is feeding so well, even on his "off" days. He is certainly a little fighter!

Thanks for the update I was just thinking about him the other day too,

How are you keeping?

:hugs:

Emma.xx

He is adorable so glad he is feeding well and asnt had too many set bks xxx

He is so cute. Glad things are going well and he's gaining weight.

Awwwwwww how cute. Glad to hear he's doing well. :) x

Wishing you both the best, he is a gorgeous little boy.

Aww he is so cute and such a fighter, Im so pleased he is a great eater and heres it him gaining more weight, stay strong and take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->