Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
Alrighttt the betas are in:

03/22-150
03/24-382
03/26-724
annnnnnnd

03/29- 1,666

So they told me to finally stop worrying especially if they can see something on ultrasound with an hcg of 724. I guess this means on 4/13 my ultrasound should look pretty good. I feel happy now that it has at least touched 1,000 and i am just 5w 2d.

I do have one last clearblue est that i will take at 5w 6d so i can see my 3+ though:blush:

Congrats!! I'm going to advise you to stay away from the clearblue tests though! They seem to always mess up. I was going to take one at 6 weeks and decided not to. You are pregnant and your HCG levels are great! Don't scare yourself with clearblue tests, especially this far along

Ohhhhh thanks for the heads up anddddddd stay away from Dr.Google lol

I second the stay away from clear blue. Got my 3+, battery ran out before I could show my DH so took another, that test said 2-3. Later that evening I took another as I was freaking out and that came back 1-2. Rushed to the hospital assuming the worst and my Hcg was well over 2000! Even the doctors said those tests are a nightmare. Congrats on your levels though, if stop worrying now and just let things be. Your little one is clearly fine :)

I second the stay away from clear blue. Got my 3+, battery ran out before I could show my DH so took another, that test said 2-3. Later that evening I took another as I was freaking out and that came back 1-2. Rushed to the hospital assuming the worst and my Hcg was well over 2000! Even the doctors said those tests are a nightmare. Congrats on your levels though, if stop worrying now and just let things be. Your little one is clearly fine :)

That is horrible. I woud have called or emailed them with a complaint. That can cause some really unncessary stress. I am glad everything was okay for you.

Seriously! Oh and another thing (since I was obsessed with dollar store tests) apparently around 6 weeks if you test, your test may come back a lot lighter then what it had previously been. This reallyyy freaked me out and I looked it up and found a whole bunch of articles about the "hook effect" around 6 weeks your HcG levels are very high and can actually throw off a pregnancy test, sometimes they can even come back negative! I read that even on most test boxes it says not to test after 6 weeks. So just stay positive (which seems nearly impossible) and wait for your next scan :)

That is horrible. I woud have called or emailed them with a complaint. That can cause some really unncessary stress. I am glad everything was okay for you.

Oh I did. Their excuse, urine concentration. Which is total bull poo. I've used enough tests over the years to know urine concentration doesn't affect clear blue digis to that degree. But yea all is ok we think, next scan Friday. Congrats on your levels again!

Seriously! Oh and another thing (since I was obsessed with dollar store tests) apparently around 6 weeks if you test, your test may come back a lot lighter then what it had previously been. This reallyyy freaked me out and I looked it up and found a whole bunch of articles about the "hook effect" around 6 weeks your HcG levels are very high and can actually throw off a pregnancy test, sometimes they can even come back negative! I read that even on most test boxes it says not to test after 6 weeks. So just stay positive (which seems nearly impossible) and wait for your next scan :)

Oh yeah I heard of the hook effect haha. I just have this niggly pain between my hoo hoo and inner thigh, but i guess it is normal . First scan in 2 weeks :)

Oh I did. Their excuse, urine concentration. Which is total bull poo. I've used enough tests over the years to know urine concentration doesn't affect clear blue digis to that degree. But yea all is ok we think, next scan Friday. Congrats on your levels again!

Yeahhh and with those levels you should be able to test any time of the day and get a result. Thanks again:kiss:

I've read recently on the CB website that the levels for detection are actually 10 for 1-2 weeks, 153 to 2-3 weeks and 2,753 for a 3+ which is SO much higher than the 2000 everyone seems to state on these forums! Here's the link if you want to have a read :) https://uk.clearblue.com/sites/defa...s/Brochures/hcp_cb9_professional_brochure.pdf it's on the 3rd page down but this is what it says...

• The Weeks Indicator feature assumes conception occurred on the day after the urinary LH surge (which stimulates ovulation)6,7 and works on a threshold basis of urinary hCG levels: the thresholds for determining ‘Pregnant’ 1–2, 2–3 and 3+ weeks are 10, 153 and 2753 mlU/mL, respectively.2 These thresholds are based on extensive research of the urinary hCG rise in early pregnancy.8,9

I'm a sucker though and I still use them to "track" my HCG. For me they've always been spot on but I've read sooo many posts about them not working for people so if you so cave and test please take it with a pinch of salt! Those numbers are lovely! H&H 9 months to you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->