Update PIC!! :) Hospital sent me home with Contractions 2-3min apart

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I'm so upset! I went in with contractions 5 min apart like clock work, dilated to a 2..... They had me walk an hr , they were down to 2/3 min apart but still dilated to a 2, they sent me home and said come back .... I'm so upset, in a ton of pain, I live 40 min away..... They suggested a hot bath.... Will that slow or speed things up? Beside myself. Ugh

That seems insane if they were getting that much more consistent. And this isn't your first baby. I honestly would stay close and maybe go get something to eat then go back, I don't think I'd drive 40 min home knowing you have to drive 40 back at go time. I'd stay close to hospital and eat eat eat! Haha.
Hope this baby comes and you make it to the hospital safely!

In the US I'm told at 3/4 cm you more than likely will be admitted, no matter how far apart or close contractions are they go on how far dilated you are. Sorry I know you must be miserable but baby will be here soon, try going up and down stairs, and walk like crazy, if you have a ball bounce for a while. Good luck Hun shortly baby should arrive. Maybe take a Tylenol to take the edge of in the mean time. Praying for you Hun! Good luck!

Oh yeah I would definitely stay close by though.

I'm currently in my bathtub soaking ;( ill go bounce on my ball after.... We thought about sticking around and eating but felt bad, we had MIL come over and she works at 6am, incase this fizzles out we felt bad making her stay:/ I'm still having very consistent contractions though.... I read a warm bath will either relax them if they aren't true labor or they will intensify them. Defiantly feel they are intensified and ill be back in 2 hrs. Omggggg or having this baby in my bathtub!!! The pain is unreal. Thanks for the input, I didn't know what to do besides vent to you ladies!!! This is the worst :( the bath is nice but having to worry about not making it back is not fun :/

I'm from US/ MI .... Yes she said I had to either be dilated to a 3 within An hr of being checked from a 2 .... She said I went from a tight 2 to a stretchy2. Shouldn't that count?! :(

Wtf? This just happened to my friend in MN on Friday! She was diallated to a 2 and having contractions 3 min apart and they gave her a muscle relaxer and sent her home! I couldn't believe it! Especially since she is already over due! Sometimes I think it depends on who's working maybe?

Keep us updated and definitely don't hesitate to go back!!

You're almost there ! Once you hit that threshold it will progress quicker. Warms baths definity helped me!!

Mcwhmm did ur friend go into labor and end up having her baby?
I am down to 2-3 min apart , contractions are lasting a good 2 min! Just as I get relief another starts back up This is just insane

No! She still hasn't! She goes tomorrow for another appointment and NST and they were talking about inducing her tomorrow.

OP do you live in Grand Rapids, too? St. Mary's has been giving me the run around, too. Last time I came in I was 4cms and having contractions and they still sent me home. Now I'm 5.5.5 as of last tuesday, supposed to be getting induced right now, and they keep telling me they dont have room for me. :growlmad:

Like, what would they do if I was in active labor? Send me home, too?

Wow I'm so sorry they did that :growlmad: I agree with other posts, stay close by. Especially not your 1st baby. GL xx

:hugs:. I really hope that when you go back they will admit you and that you'll be having your LO very soon!

I had a similar situation with my DS. I was in the latent stage of labour for 4 days, I was 4cm dilated the whole 4 days and was contracting at least 2 every 10 minutes the whole time but as I was only just 4cm I wasn't classed as being in active labour and because I was 39 weeks they wouldn't do anything. Eventually they admitted me on the 4th day and broke my waters! I understand now that they don't do anything as medically to them you are not in labour and your body is doing what it wants to naturally, even though I was 4cm my body was still softening and shifting everything so wasn't quite ready...but that's ok for them to say as they weren't the ones in pain constantly for 4 days!!!! Even once they broke my waters it took me 4 hours to get from 5cm-6cm dilated so ended up on the drip to speed things up.

I hope things pick up or they are more willing to help when you go back in x

This happened to me too! With ds I laboured at home all day after my waters had gone, they started to get difficult to talk thru so went to the hospital to be checked out, she said I was a good 3cm and she could stretch me to a 4cm, (you need to be 4cm to be admitted) she told me to take a couple of paracetamol and go home! I was fuming!(whats 2 tablets gonna do to labour pain!) So we went home at 1.30am and by 3am I was back at the hospital fully dilated! They didn't think my labour would progress so quickly with it being my first! They barely got the birth pool filled by the time I was pushing and he flew out! I should have just sat in the waiting room of the hospital with hindsight.
As soon as I feel those same pains this time I'm going straight in and refusing to go home, they can sit me anywhere as long as im at the hospital , hope your ok op. Fingers crossed baby makes an appearance soon xxx

Same happened to me they don't keep you in until you're over 4cms. Hang in there you'll be there soon zx

I'm 3 hrs south of GR..... I feel like criteria should be made already to just keep me! I'm overdue , soft and almost fully effaced as of last night , contractions r still going.... They calmed after the bath but back at 3/4 min apart, light spotting ..... Waiting til I can't talk or text through them..... Is what they told me, they told me to ignore how many min are apart and focus on intensity. This seems obsurd!

Yes this sounds obsurd to me. Ignore how close they get, what if there's only 30 second between them? Ha. Again, if it were your first or if this was before due date or whatnot, I can kinda get it, but being your third and who knows how quick it can just up and progress ( my second one took 13 hr to go 0-4 then 1 hr to go 4-10) I don't know what I would do if I were you. I know you have other kids for someone else to watch, but I think I would just sit in their waiting room staring at them and making awful noises until they took me in. Haha
Following, really hope this ends soon for you. I really feel for you.

Haha I should! Too bad the hospitals l&d waiting room is so far away from
Them! I had more plug and some spotting this morning , wonder if that means more dilation? Ugh how will I ever know.... I am determined this baby will come out today!! Maybe God is just giving me a run so ill never want to be pregnant again:(

I agree that is terrible and makes no sense!! They make a big deal about getting an epidural and pain control early in the game before it gets miserable (if that's what you wan of coarse) but they want you to be in so much pain that you can't talk before you go in!? I second what Jules said too! I would go sit in the lobby lol. Also, like Jules said, it took me 6 hours to go from 1 to 4 and then less than an hour to go from 4 to 10 and DD was born less than an hour after that! I hope this is over soon for you and you have your little bundle of joy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->