Update PIC!! :) Hospital sent me home with Contractions 2-3min apart

Awww, thanks so much everyone!!!! Today was horrendous.... I dilated from a 2-3 over night..... But have been at a 3 all day, full blown back labor, excruciating pain, still bleeding..... And they sent me home!!!!! Omggggg ..... They offered to keep me and put me on a morphine drip some can get some rest ..... But I felt like that may stull out labor laying there drugged up:( I flipped out, balled forever, told them off with all the words I could find ..... Told me he will be here by tomorrow they legally can't admit me til I'm a 4 since
I am less than 41 wk. wtf I'm 40.4..... This is insane.... To the bath I go:( :( or my death bed.. Longest labor ever .....

WTF! Ugh, I'm sorry you're going through all of this!! I have never heard of a hospital using the term "legally" before.. I can't believe that they are putting you through this :( Fingers crossed that tomorrows the day!

My friend had the same thing happen today. The one I told you about yesterday that was going to be induced today? Yeah, They changed their minds. Kept her all day and then sent her home!

It seems very inhumane to put someone through that! especially when you live quite a ways from the hospital! It's like the want the babies half way out before they will admit you!

:hugs: All I can say is hopefully after going through all this your labour will be quick (once you do get admitted) because your body has been gearing up for it for so long ! I am surprised they didn't just admit you.

Can you try going to a different hospital that takes your insurance? Obviously that one isn't doing you any favors.

Wtf? Excuse the language, surely there's no legal requirement for dilation if you are that uncomfortable. I second try a different hospital.

Crazy! Uh. Hope you are hanging in there and it happens soon!

Oh man what an ordeal to go through! I'm so sorry it's been such a headache for you. I hope things progress for you and that this can all just be over with soon! :hugs:

:hugs: sweetie... thinking about you hoping that today is the day....

what a awful time youve had id be fuming!, hope your baby is in your arms very soon :flower:

I went through very similar things to you -- I'd labour around with contractions 2-3 minutes apart, get to 4 cm and then stop for a few days. A week later I was in full-blown active labour and got to 5 cm, then stopped for a FULL WEEK. It was super frustrating and my water finally broke and I had baby within 2 hours.

I understand where the hospital is coming from though. While I had a home birth, if I didn't I would have been to the hospital 3 times for being in labour, and when it stopped, what would they do? It took me weeks to get to 5cm of start and stop labour, and for some women that's normal. All the hospital can do is speed things up, but your body will do it on its own eventually. Totally understand where you're coming from though -- it suuuucks!

Oh no, can't believe they've sent you home again! Fingers xrossed you have your little one in your arms soon xxx

Oh you poor thing... that's horrible. Id be swearing off at those doctors and nurses so badly id sound like a sailor.

I hope you get to 4 so they can take you and you can take your anger and pain out of all of them. :hugs:

Hoping things have progressed for you and baby is closer to being here x x

Hi ladies!! Sorry it's been a few days.... I ended up coming home that night feeling extremely aweful.... Tried to rest... Within an hr contractions picked up and we were heading back racing the 40 min drive, blowing red lights, pure back labor contractions 1 min apart!!! Scariest drive of my life!! Long story short I made it just in time, got my epidural at 8cm.... Pushed through 4 contractions, and he was here!!! Ill post a pic soon:) 7.15 lb , 21in, 5/25 6:53 am ..... Tons of long black hair!! Lol:) so in love!!

Ps. Once the drugs kicked in,I let that hospital staff know how exactly how I felt about them and their insane rules!!! I barely made it back in time !!!!

Congrats! I'm so happy that you're not going through that all anymore! That's great that you made it to the hospital just in time and were able to get an epidural too! Congrats congrats congrats!

Yay so glad he's finally here! Congrats mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->