UPDATE POST 19 a question for those mummies whos lo's go 4 hourly feeds

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
Rory is now going 4 hours between feeds. He wont go any sooner so changing it is not an option. He used to go every 3 hours then at night he would have a 12 hr sleep with one wake up for a feed. Now he's properly into 4 hourly feeding he is now waking for 2 bottles in the night and can't go ling before needing that 2nd bottle. My question is, how do you manage fill them up in the day when they won't feed little and often? Rorys drinking more from each feed but going longer x

Hi hun, there is a growth spurt at 3 months & it's normal for your Lo at this age to wake up for extra feeds as growth spurts affect sleep & feeding. Did you try to change the teat size?

I dream feed to get the extra feed in, but I know you aren't keen on that.
But as Omarsmum said, there is a 3 month growth spurt as well.

he is already on size 3 teat on the TT bottle so dont think there is another teat size is there?? Ive spoken to HV and she thinks the same which i thought so aswell - a GS and to just ride it out. What i have been doing the past couple of nights because his last feed has been about 6pm ish i have had to try and keep him up to get a bit more feed in him cus usually is last feed is somewhere between 7-8pm. She has told me to just give him his last feed tonight at 6.15pm and put him straight bed instead of keeping him up. Hes not a very good napper in the day so he is extremely tired by this time anyway and me trying keep him up is probably doing him no good. She also suggested a DF or to just simply wait for him to wake and go with him. Im going do bedtime routine ready for 6.15pm feed and just let him wake for a feed as and when and hopefully it is just a GS and not some kind of new routine he has got himself into! x

If you don't mind me asking Fabby, how come you're not keen on a DF?

hey hun, Ava goes 4 hrs between feeds and sleeps through the night, what I do is i let her go her 4 hrs during the day how she wants and then before I go to bed I wake her up give her a change and feed her a bottle so not really a dream feed, just a bottle before bed and then she sleeps completely through the night, I had the same problem as you and solved it by waking her up before I went to sleep! xox

Hope this helps!

definitely a growth spurt hun it shoudlnt last more than a couple of weeks max then settle down again. We've just come out of one where she was waking twice a night for a feed its tough when you get used to the sleeping through ;) x

I dreamfeed to get the last bottle in. I figure it's better that I risk disturbing her slightly to give her a bottle at 11, rather than her waking fully and crying with hunger later on in the night.

Yeah I've learned as the days gone on its definitely a gs! 14 oz in just under 3 hours he's had from 6pm and just before 9pm!!!!

I'm not against df or anything its just me, i can't bring myself to disturb him when he's sound asleep. X

I'm the same fabby I think "she might go through" if I didnt wake her plus I didnt want to risk her getting used to it. She sleeps 8pm to 6am most days anyway.

The other night Ava had 9oz before bed and still woke for 6 oz in the night!

i just dont know what to do for the best.... last night rory had another 7oz at about 8.20pm (he had 7oz at 6pm then went straight to bed and woke crying at 7.30pm) we thought teething pain but it wasnt and he must of been hungry! he then slept till 6.40am this morning! So my question is...... shall i bite the bullet and do a df at about 9.30pm-10pm tonight to avoid the middle of the night feed?? he will be due his last bottle at about 6.30pm tonight resulting in only having 4 feeds!! x

Personally, I DF and it works great for me. Why not try it, just for a couple of nights, if it doesn't work, you don't need to continue with it?
Try it at 10pm (rather than earlier) it's something to do with their sleep rhythms.

Worst case would be it doesn't work, just lift, feed and place back down. No burping or nappy change (unless really heavy or dirty.

Good luck xx

Yeah I've learned as the days gone on its definitely a gs! 14 oz in just under 3 hours he's had from 6pm and just before 9pm!!!!

I'm not against df or anything its just me, i can't bring myself to disturb him when he's sound asleep. X

Oh I see, trust me, a DF is so super cute you won't feel like that when you've done it. It's my favorite feed of the day :cloud9:

Ava goes to bed between 8 and 8.30pm if she goes any earlier she ends up waking up. Why not introduce a tea time nap and it'll put him on for longer that way he should hopefully sleep through without waking up too xx

Hes not the best baby to get to nap and if he does he only as 30 mins. Sometimes but very rarely, he will surprise us and have anything between 1hr - 2 hrs! He has had a nap after his bath many a times before for like 30 mins and he was still very cranky when he woke up. He is just one of those babies who needs to go bed early and i think earlier the better for him to be honest x

My LO is the same, only sleeps for short periods and is still grumpy. His bedtime has been getting earlier and earlier!

Ava was the same til I started putting her in my bed for naps - she naps 2 hours a time now, downstairs or in her own cot she'd only nap maximum of 40 minutes xx

Our LO are about same age, and Emma has her last bottle at 9pm it used to be 11 but then she would wake at 4am but I managed to gradually bring it forward by bringing every bottle forward an hour, she also only has 5 oz bottles during day but has 6oz before bed, I also use number 2teats during day but number 1 for bedtime bottle

Have been doing this for bout week now and even if I'm late with bottle she is very tired by 930 and will fall asleep without bottle (I try to not do this as I then have to wake her to feed her!!!)

He's now back to 3 hour feeds! Yippee! Must of been something to so with the growth spurt. So rorys gs lasted over a week cus the change to 4 hours was well over a week ago now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->