UPDATE: Pregnancy tests getting darker, HCG dropped slightly??

kristel_

Reaction score
Asking on behalf of my brother's girlfriend. She found out she was pregnant and had two blood tests, first one showed hcg 73, second one today came back as 68. However lines on tests keep getting darker?? :shrug:

IMG-20150515-WA0015.jpg

Hi Hun, could just be there is more dye in 1 tests or she hadn't drank quite as much. So it's not diluted. Hope all is ok tho xx

She getting another blood test? If it didnt double and sctually lowered I would think something is up no matter the pee tests..

I agree with the above. I'd definitely get more blood tests as they are the most accurate at telling you what is going on.

Wishing them both lots of luck and health xx

Update to this. She had another blood test today. HCG has risen to 340. The hospital did a scan and couldn't see anything, although at 4-5 weeks, i thought it would be too early anyway. They said if they can't see any growth on another scan on Sunday they will give her a pill to force a miscarriage? So confused with this hospital. Does it sound right?

I wouldn't take the pill. Her hcg rose which is a good sign! It's normal to not see anything in a scan this early, and even still normal to not see anything not even a full week from now.

Just let her know they can't force her to take anything. Hey body, her choice!

The levels have risen Pretty normally. But I'd personally insist on more bloods. Just to see how levels are rising. 4-5 weeks is early for a scan as very little is visable. At my 6 week scan all we saw was a little sac. If her levels are below 1000 chances are she won't see anything at all on the scan.

Think they might be worried about a ectopic. That doesn't follow a trend. Hcg rises but in odd amounts. Hope all is good on Sunday and they see something in the womb x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->