Update!!!

O

oOskittlesOo

So on Sunday night I finally told my dad. I was in my room thinking about what I was going to do and finally I just decided to get it over with.. My dad came upstairs to get something and I asked if I could talk to him.I'm pretty sure he could tell that I was upset.. Then I handed him my note and sat on my bed feeling my heart beat double time.. when he was done reading it he came in and said that he wasn't mad or even disapointed! He gave me a huge hug and I still was feeling kind of scared that i'd get a long lecture, but nope:) He is really excited. We decided to wait to tell my mom because we both know she's going to want me to get an abortion. He told me I'm welcome to stay at his house as long as I want and that if I need a babysitter while I have to go to school he'd be more than happy to watch LO!! He told me that he has been feeling like he's getting older and is excited he's becoming a grandpa. It made me so excited to know he's happy instead of upset. He told me that he doesn't feel like there's really a "good" time to have a baby and even though it could be easier if I waited but everything will work out and he knows I'll be a good mom:) So now I'm just waiting to tell my mom which will be the hard stressful part but my dad said he's going to talk to her so she doesn't try making it something it doesn't have to be. This is the hardest time I'll probably go through but I'm so lucky that I have my dad to stay behind me!!*** *

Ahh Congrats hun that's great that your dad is right behind you. Remember your mum will probably be shocked at first aswell but after a while and she see's how mature you are about it all im sure she will be just as happy.
Good luck hope it all goes well for you x

Ahh Congrats hun that's great that your dad is right behind you. Remember your mum will probably be shocked at first aswell but after a while and she see's how mature you are about it all im sure she will be just as happy.
Good luck hope it all goes well for you x

thank you Hun:) I knew my dad would be supportive but he really shocked me on how supportive he is. I'm white and OH is pacific islander so my dad is excited because i'll be the first in our family to have a biracial baby lol!! I feel bad but I've decided with my OH and dad that we're going to talk to my dad after I've reached 16 weeks because of her negativity before I was even pregnant.

That's wonderful hun. I bet you were so excited to get such an optimistic response from your dad. Out of everyone I told that I was pregnant, I was mostly disappointed in telling my dad the most because I knew he'd be very disappointed in me for getting pregnant or just let alone having sex anyways. Surprisingly he was very supportive and he's the very best grandad to Kenneth that I could ever ask for! They are best friends. It's soo great, I'm sure you're happy that's over with! Good job :hugs:

That's wonderful hun. I bet you were so excited to get such an optimistic response from your dad. Out of everyone I told that I was pregnant, I was mostly disappointed in telling my dad the most because I knew he'd be very disappointed in me for getting pregnant or just let alone having sex anyways. Surprisingly he was very supportive and he's the very best grandad to Kenneth that I could ever ask for! They are best friends. It's soo great, I'm sure you're happy that's over with! Good job :hugs:

that's for sure. When I told him and I didn't have even a little yelling to listen to I just felt like someone picked a rock up off my stomach or something. Lol. I'm glad to know even if my mom doesn't react well my dad has my back so honestly I don't need her. She hasn't been someone I could turn to in the last 6 months so if she decides that she doesn't want any part of this situation then atleast I have had a little heads up for it..

I'm sorry everyone that I wasn't on for a while. I use my phone for internet and it was shut off due to the stupidity of metro pcs lol so I finally got wifi for my iPod!!

Thats great to hear :D
Im sure your mum wll be fine. Mine was upset and angry for a while but she eventually came around. They just need time to process.

This is such good news! I've been waiting for you to tell him =]
I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Just stay strong when you tell your mom even if she's upset at first shell probably come around :hugs:

ahhh Skye!!! thats sooo awesome, and so glad he is excited!!! ive been stalking teen pregnancy waiting and waiting for a update!!! so happy for you! :) how is your OH doing with all of this? have u guys told his parents?

OMG! Congrats! I'm so excited for you, wow. I am on my second pregnancy in a year (Uh.. oops!) and I thought my Mom was going to KILL me but she was just so excited to have a second chance.

Funny how sometimes you think the person that will be most upset is the one that is most supportive :shrug:. My OH was convinced his parents were going to brutally murder him but they didn't even raise their voices! His Dad still doesn't care (he's Chief of Police.. aka RoboCop), but his Mom is always messaging me asking how I'm feeling and oohing and ahh-ing over ultrasound pics! LOL.

I am really SO happy for you

awh thats good news.. it always takes alot of ur mind when u know atleast one of ur parents are supportive.. no doubt your mum will be supportive too but it may just take her a bit to come around.. dont worry too much about it hun.

Glad to hear your dad took the news so well :) One down, one to go! Good luck!

So on Sunday night I finally told my dad. I was in my room thinking about what I was going to do and finally I just decided to get it over with.. My dad came upstairs to get something and I asked if I could talk to him.I'm pretty sure he could tell that I was upset.. Then I handed him my note and sat on my bed feeling my heart beat double time.. when he was done reading it he came in and said that he wasn't mad or even disapointed! He gave me a huge hug and I still was feeling kind of scared that i'd get a long lecture, but nope:) He is really excited. We decided to wait to tell my mom because we both know she's going to want me to get an abortion. He told me I'm welcome to stay at his house as long as I want and that if I need a babysitter while I have to go to school he'd be more than happy to watch LO!! He told me that he has been feeling like he's getting older and is excited he's becoming a grandpa. It made me so excited to know he's happy instead of upset. He told me that he doesn't feel like there's really a "good" time to have a baby and even though it could be easier if I waited but everything will work out and he knows I'll be a good mom:) So now I'm just waiting to tell my mom which will be the hard stressful part but my dad said he's going to talk to her so she doesn't try making it something it doesn't have to be. This is the hardest time I'll probably go through but I'm so lucky that I have my dad to stay behind me!!*** *

Thats awesome that he feels about it like that! Its true though, there isn't really a 'right' time, finishing school could be a start though lol, but I don't believe that young mums are any worse than older mums, in my opinion.

Thank you guys. You all make me so happy knowing you care. I'm almost done with first tri so once I make it there I'll be feeling much better about things:) I'm happy he's so excited!! Hes been cleaning up trying to make more space for baby. It's awesome!!

see it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be! and with one parent having your back through this makes everything a whole lot easier!

I agree:) lol I just wish I could fast forward telling her!!

yeah i had to wait 2 weeks to tell my mom and 3 to talk to my FOB since he is in the military. waiting is a bitch! but in the mean time find something to keep your mind busy.. i almost forgot i was pregnant at my new job today! i was like wow this is marvelous! haha. and a month will go by so fast you wont even realize it!

yeah i had to wait 2 weeks to tell my mom and 3 to talk to my FOB since he is in the military. waiting is a bitch! but in the mean time find something to keep your mind busy.. i almost forgot i was pregnant at my new job today! i was like wow this is marvelous! haha. and a month will go by so fast you wont even realize it!

I know what you mean by forgetting!! Lol I don't really forget but sometimes when I'm alone I sit here doing whatever and all of a sudden I'm like.... "holy sh*t, I'm going to have a baby" hahahaha

Awww I am so proud of you for finally telling him!! That is really cool that he took it so well :) I bet you are so relieved now!

telling them is one big relief ; i know! i waited until last week to tell my mom. i felt a lot better afterwards. now everyone that needs to know, knows. i think it's weird how people with two parents always has one that is stoked for you and the other who wants you to get rid of it. whats up with that? i wish everyone would just be happy and supportive of us girls. we created a human being ; not a monster.

telling them is one big relief ; i know! i waited until last week to tell my mom. i felt a lot better afterwards. now everyone that needs to know, knows. i think it's weird how people with two parents always has one that is stoked for you and the other who wants you to get rid of it. whats up with that? i wish everyone would just be happy and supportive of us girls. we created a human being ; not a monster.

That's exactly what I said!! It could be much worse. I could be out partying all the time, getting into drugs or trouble but I'm not!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->