*UPDATED AGAIN - 3 evap, 1 faint BFP then 2 BFNs*This is a long one but would......

Happygoluckyx

Reaction score
UPDATE - I have just taken the second test and I can see a faint pink line that came up within the time frame! It is faint but perfectly formed! Surely it cannot be a 4th evap in a row!! Digi tomorrow!

Hi all

This is going to be way too long a post but have to ask for advice otherwise I might just go mad! I have PCOS so have irregular af. I downloaded an app on my phone and have been recording my AF days and it comes up with an average etc. The average has been around the 36 day mark. Since Sept they have been fairly regular just 1 or 2 days out and lasting like 3-4 days and quite heavy.

OK so the issue is my last 'proper' AF was on the 17th Jan for four days, started heavy and then filtered off like normal. I was then due on again around the 21st Feb. But on the 9th Feb I noticed brown spotting that went quite heavy and bright pink/red the day after (would have filled just one pad but obviuosly changed a few times throughout day!). This brown spotting then continued for almost 11 days.

Towards the end of the bleeding I did three tests. First one was a cheapie which wasn't very sensitive, BFN. The following two days I did a Tesco hpt. First one didn't come up with a line straight away but did after the 10 minutes which I believe is an evap line, it was a funny orangy colour. The second one came up with a very very faint line that got stronger. This was pink in colour but I put it down to an evap line as it was only clearly visible after the 10 mintues. Decided bfn and just count the bleeding as an early AF.

My next AF due date is today. No sign of it at all but not unusual to be 1-2 days late.

Has anyone experienced any irregular bleeding like this? I have no symptoms of pregnancy other than really tired but could put this down to work or just not enough sleep! Just wondered whether anyone has had this or thought they had evap lines but turned out bfp?

All this is really driving me mad! Why can't I just have a regular body and work like clockwork!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies! xxx

I'm so sorry you are going through this, I know its enough to make you totally bonkers. I have had strange bleeding like this. Atlhough I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, I do tend to have longer cycles.

For me, I think I have strange brown-ish periods when I don't ovulate. I notice that I have anovulatory cycles once or twice a year, and when that happens, my periods are always strange. Maybe that is the case for you?

If you had fallen pregnant last month, it would certainly show up on a test by now. So I guess you could do another test now, just to check on this cycle, and otherwise you just have to wait for AF to show :-(

What was this last cycle like? Do you think you ovulated? Are you doing OPKs or temps or anything? I hope you can come out of it with a BFP!

No haven't been doing opks or bbt yet. Been going on my cm up until this point but think I am going to have to start doing opks. I believe I ovulated going by my CM and had some cramping but not quite like AF pains.

I have been checking my CP as well and it is still really high at the moment even though due on. Think I might buy a cheapie test later and just check although I think there is little chance. Have recently moved house as well so have to register with new Dr so can't check with the Dr either at the moment!

Oh the stress of it all! Will get a cheapie test later and then go back to Drs for check up. It makes sense though if I didn't ovulate and just get a strange bleed like that. You have put my mind at ease there, thanks!

No problem, good luck with your testing. Keep me posted!

I feel for you hun and can see why its confusing.
have you thought about talking to your Dr about things for some advice.
Good luck if you test, I'm hoping its the news you want
:hugs:

If you are late...POAS anyway... especially if you've been trying. You could be pregnant and get an early BFP. :)

Thanks for your replies ladies!

Well I went and bought to cheapie strips at lunch time and have used the first one. I fairly dark pink line came up but it wasn't where I would expect the positive line to be - it seems too far to the left! That is three evap lines now. Can this situation be any more crappy!

I will post a pic up when I get home later. But it literally looks like a bfp but too far apart so guessing it isn't. Have another strip but not sure whether to wait until tomorrow morning or just do it later. Other months I have really convinced myself I have had all the symptoms but this month there is nothing that I can't give another explanation to.

Oh the stress of it all. I know some people have been trying for years but even after 8 months I feel like giving up!

wow you have some will power girl! i would be like "okay ill take 20hpt tests thanks, drain the bank! dont care! gotta know!" (haha, yeah thats why hubby controls the money! haha)

i would get a digital test that way you can know for sure if its a evap or not! seems impossible to get so many evap lines!!

and dont compare yourself to others! seriously i have been trying for 2.5 years and i know 8 months is an eternity! when i was first ttc people would say that or post "you know ive been trying for xyz years," and i would think well that sucks but i dont wanna have a pity party for you right now! lol seriously, 8 months, 8 days or 8 years, it is all heart breakingly tough and theres nothing to prepare us for that!

keep positive and keep us posted for sure!!!:hugs:

Thanks bakerh!

I don't think it's that I have will power but just the first few months I must have spend like a £100 each month on buying FRERs and Clearblues! Then I would get stressed when all negative and thinking I could have a night out with that money!!

I think I will do this other cheapie strip this afternoon and if the same then get a digital.

The amount of hpts I have used up since starting I have never once had an evap line and it appears that with all the confusion my own body is given me, the tests want to join in the fun as well now!

Will post an update this afternoon with the second test. FX! Hope this is everyone's month!!!

Faint line this afternoon within the time limit and thick and pink! Hopeing this is it!! PLease not a 4th evap!!!

wow. i have not heard of anyone getting that many evap. lines.. i really hope this is your :bfp: good luck keep us posted =]

:dust:

OK this is the last test I have done. What do you think. Be honest if you think it is an evap line. Stressing me out so much convinced it is an evap line now although it did come up within the time limit. Arrghhh! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 53
OK this is the last test I have done. What do you think. Be honest if you think it is an evap line. Stressing me out so much convinced it is an evap line now although it did come up within the time limit. Arrghhh! What do you guys think?

I see it girl!!!!!!!! but I haven't read your post yet. I'm gonna do that now lol

i see it!!! I just can't tell if there's color to it. Can you get a closer pic?

UPDATE - I have just taken the second test and I can see a faint pink line that came up within the time frame! It is faint but perfectly formed! Surely it cannot be a 4th evap in a row!! Digi tomorrow!

Hi all

This is going to be way too long a post but have to ask for advice otherwise I might just go mad! I have PCOS so have irregular af. I downloaded an app on my phone and have been recording my AF days and it comes up with an average etc. The average has been around the 36 day mark. Since Sept they have been fairly regular just 1 or 2 days out and lasting like 3-4 days and quite heavy.

OK so the issue is my last 'proper' AF was on the 17th Jan for four days, started heavy and then filtered off like normal. I was then due on again around the 21st Feb. But on the 9th Feb I noticed brown spotting that went quite heavy and bright pink/red the day after (would have filled just one pad but obviuosly changed a few times throughout day!). This brown spotting then continued for almost 11 days.

Towards the end of the bleeding I did three tests. First one was a cheapie which wasn't very sensitive, BFN. The following two days I did a Tesco hpt. First one didn't come up with a line straight away but did after the 10 minutes which I believe is an evap line, it was a funny orangy colour. The second one came up with a very very faint line that got stronger. This was pink in colour but I put it down to an evap line as it was only clearly visible after the 10 mintues. Decided bfn and just count the bleeding as an early AF.

My next AF due date is today. No sign of it at all but not unusual to be 1-2 days late.

Has anyone experienced any irregular bleeding like this? I have no symptoms of pregnancy other than really tired but could put this down to work or just not enough sleep! Just wondered whether anyone has had this or thought they had evap lines but turned out bfp?

All this is really driving me mad! Why can't I just have a regular body and work like clockwork!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies! xxx

I know how you feel. I have PCOS too and I have a 37 day cycle. I do believe you're pregnant and that test looks positive :) And you gave me hope!!!! Woot!:happydance:

Ok this is the best I can do as only have my phone with me at the moment. The top one is one I took lunch time and the bottom one later on in the day. They both came up within the time limit but the top one looks too far on the left not to be an evap line. There is pink to both lines. Oh I am trying not to get too excited!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 53
Thanks fertilM! I was on cycles between 38-45 but last month the cycle (if I count the strange spotting as an AF) was only 23 days. Never had one that short so maybe that made a difference! Hopefully these are actual lines and not evaps!!

Thanks fertilM! I was on cycles between 38-45 but last month the cycle (if I count the strange spotting as an AF) was only 23 days. Never had one that short so maybe that made a difference! Hopefully these are actual lines and not evaps!!

I think they're actual lines! do you have pics of the other tests that you took?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->