updated..How did your OH take the news that your preggers?

NewToThis_x

Reaction score
As the title says..were they happy/shocked? etc..

My boyfriend was happy to start with but i had the docters today and came back and told him all bout it and now that its confirmed he's been really mardy about it all day...almost acting as though he doesnt want the baby anymore..i mean it wasnt planned but he said he'd stick by me when we found out..we've always been so strong together but im not so sure anymore .. :(
x

UPDATE..
Thanks for all your replies..my boyfriend is now saying he wants me 2 get an abortion and if i have the baba then im ruining his and my lifes cause i was ment to go to uni this year and he was meant to do a gym course...iv tryed telling him we can still do these things it will just be harder but no apparently im silly and just wasting my life..:( getting me so down

Mine told me to get an abortion, I didn't, we're now WTT number 2.

Thing work out hun, don't worry. It's a scarey time for everyone x

When I first told my boyfriend we had only been together for 2 months and he claimed the baby wasn't his and asked if I had been with anyone else. Then after 20 minutes of bashing me he finally stopped and realized it was his child and from knowing who I am that I'm not a liar. Since then I have made the decision not to be with him but he is extremely supportive. He calls me almost everyday and check to see how everything is, he is always telling me to tell the baby he loves it, and he has gone to the docs with me a few times.

Usually guys are skeptical in the very beginning until they have time to think things through. Let your hubby relish in the news and give it some time. If he doesn't seem to come around in a week or so you need to sit down and have a chat with him. Let him know it is okay to be scared, that you understand he may be feeling some anxiety towards the situation, and ask if he could explain how he feels about things and why. After that you can talk things out with him and see where he stands after that.

I know it is hard hun but try and be patient. Guys react to things differently then girls and it may take him longer to accept it then you. Best of luck sweety and I truly hope things work out! :hugs:

mine told me to get an abortion, and when it got to 20weeks and he cundt ask for an abortion anymore he asked if we could have it adopted.
everythings fine now and he is really gettting attached to my bump.
he is just terrified that he isnt ready and will be a crap dad.

He was a bit shocked!
I did a test without him and it came up inconclusive!
So we got a digi and sat on the bathroom floor. When it came up pregnant i asked him to leave the room and i cried my eyes out!

I went downstairs awhile after and he hugged me and said it'll be ok. I was shocked he took it so well, it was a HUGE shock for both of us.

Mine was excited and really happy about it. He has now left me to pursue a gay realtionship.... :sulk:

Lol sometimes it's just the shock of the reality of it, he'll come round

My OH was pleased/happy but shocked, and a bit worried about how he would be as a dad, but now he cant wait hes not scared anymore, sometimes i think hes more excited than i am :) x

Thanks for all the replies..I was having abit of a :cry: moment lol I guess im just getting used to it and exited abit quicker than he is..
He's worrying about how its going to affect his life..keeps saying things bout not being able to afford it, not gona be able to do this and that..:dohh:
Need to give him a lil space to think about it i thinks..:blush:

My boyfriend was happy to start with but i had the docters today and came back and told him all bout it and now that its confirmed he's been really mardy about it all day...almost acting as though he doesnt want the baby anymore..i mean it wasnt planned but he said he'd stick by me when we found out..we've always been so strong together but im not so sure anymore .. :(
x

My OH still hasn't quite got his head around it yet, but however he say's he'll come to my first scan with me, and he'll be here, he just needs a little adjusting he went the first 3 weeks of finding out barely touching me getting in silly arguments then we spoke about it properly what it meant to both of us,
if he is acting like that it's because his scared too, just ask him to open up and it might be hard but he will.

you just need to talk threw it :)
makes you stronger then ever.
I love my OH i don't know what i would do if i couldn't talk to him about the silly things now, i really did think it'd been the end of us at first.
you just got to consider its all new to him aswell as you.

:hugs: :)
xox

x

My OH still hasn't quite got his head around it yet, but however he say's he'll come to my first scan with me, and he'll be here, he just needs a little adjusting he went the first 3 weeks of finding out barely touching me getting in silly arguments then we spoke about it properly what it meant to both of us,
if he is acting like that it's because his scared too, just ask him to open up and it might be hard but he will.

you just need to talk threw it :)
makes you stronger then ever.
I love my OH i don't know what i would do if i couldn't talk to him about the silly things now, i really did think it'd been the end of us at first.
you just got to consider its all new to him aswell as you.

:hugs: :)
xox

Thanks hun, i forget sometimes that this is as new and scary to him as it is me x

hi i wouldn't read too much into it he's probably crapping his pants !! he's got to grow up pay for a child look after you ! scary stuff sit him down with a cup of tea and ask him how he feels about it you know how you feel but no one ever ask's the guy !!

hi i wouldn't read too much into it he's probably crapping his pants !! he's got to grow up pay for a child look after you ! scary stuff sit him down with a cup of tea and ask him how he feels about it you know how you feel but no one ever ask's the guy !!

Thanks..iv tryed talking to him about it but he just kinda goes..its not a good idea to have the baby and freezes up and talks about something else..like u said i think he's just shit scared..bless him lol
Im being a lil hard on him i think..just would be nice if he was a lil more supportive..
x

give him time he needs to get his head straight,, and somtime they can be real ass holes when your preggy my oh always used to say it didn't feel real till he held them and saw them !!

Were lucky we can feel them play with them (ie finding a foot and playing tap to see if they find you ) men don't have that !! you just enjoy been pregnant he'll come round and if he don't well been a single mom is great to but thats another story lol !!

give him time he needs to get his head straight,, and somtime they can be real ass holes when your preggy my oh always used to say it didn't feel real till he held them and saw them !!

Were lucky we can feel them play with them (ie finding a foot and playing tap to see if they find you ) men don't have that !! you just enjoy been pregnant he'll come round and if he don't well been a single mom is great to but thats another story lol !!

Yeahh i think thats what im gonna do..:)
He'll come around im sure..kinda sure..ok a lil sure..LOL
:wacko:
x

When I told my OH he apparently walked around his bedroom for ages, daydreaming. Then he got upset and thought he'd ruined my life, then prompted information about abortion. Then finally said he really didn't want me to have one, he was happy just in shock and wanted to keep it.

The rest is history.

Haha aww
i think my boyfriends more scared and worried than i am tbh!
x

He'll be worried how you're feeling and what you're about to endure. It's what's mine was like. Hence the whole 'Have I ruined your life, I'm so sorry' Yadada...Yet it wasn't his fault at all, it was the pills.

Haha aww
i think my boyfriends more scared and worried than i am tbh!
x
he probably is, he won't know how to react to you getting a bump, how your hormones will be, snapping at him, stress allsorts will be worrying him
if you need to talk you can PM me,
:hugs:
x

hey im new to this so dontquite no how to work this post thing can any1 reply? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->