updated..How did your OH take the news that your preggers?

Mine said he'd come up and see me right away (was at school) so that we could talk in persons. When he got here he said it was my choice and he would support me. At first we decided to get an abortion I didn't really want to but I was in my first year in school and he certainly wasn't ready to be a father. He came back up the weekend I had my appointment to get the abortion. We went in, and they did a scan beforehand and they told me I was nearly 12 weeks along. I was shock, I thought I was only 4-6 weeks along and I had read up on the development and everything. After hearing that I just couldn't do it (again I didn't really want to in the first place). He understood but was very scared. A few weeks past and he came with me to a couple scans and he got excited about having a baby with me (we already were very in love anyways), and when we found out it was a girl he was scared again (he was afraid he wouldn't know how to raise a girl) but then got happy by the idea that she would be a daddy's girl (and she sure is!). We are both so happy now, he is a wonderful dad and is so glad we kept her, we can't imagine our life without this little light in our life. Sorry that was so long, but my point is that it is a very scary thing and it will take time to get used to it and get excited. It wasn't planed so it's a big life change, and thats hard to deal with. Just give him some time to sort through how he's feeling. Try bringing him to the scans so her can see his baby and hear it's heartbeat, and suggest he do some research on how the baby is developing, like what's developing this week.

i casually dropped the word "daddy" into a conversation, and he got the hint.. he was really happy & excited.. he's probably just nervous hun.. he probably just needs some time.. :hugs:

my boyfriend told me to get an abortion. i went ahead with the pregnancy.
hes still standing by me...for now anyways.
things are very hard but hopefully we will pull threw
xxx

Thanks for all your replies..my boyfriend is now saying he wants me 2 get an abortion and if i have the baba then im ruining his and my lifes cause i was ment to go to uni this year and he was meant to do a gym course...iv tryed telling him we can still do these things it will just be harder but no apparently im silly and just wasting my life..

Hi
You can still go to uni and oh can still go to college isnt going to be impossible. I would follow your own heart hun he may just be in shock! My oh didnt take my pregnancy good and im alot older than you so just think its the shock of it xx

iv tryed telling him it wont be impossible but he's convinced it will be :( im not getting rid of this baby, he's got no choice but to accept that..think he is in shock and nervous with it all

My OH was over the moon when I told him :) had a massive grin on his face, and then gave me a huge cuddle. He's still really looking forward to meeting her. I'm really very lucky to have him.

xoxox

My OH was over the moon when I told him :) had a massive grin on his face, and then gave me a huge cuddle. He's still really looking forward to meeting her. I'm really very lucky to have him.

xoxox

Aww thats soo cute :) :)
Hopefully il get that one day from my OH lol
xx

when i told my OH first words - abortions
took him months to slightly come around to the idea, i put up with his nasty comments/remarks, because i believed in him, i just knew he was scared, he didnt know what hell was going to happen etc etc most of all he thought all attention would be towards baby and none to him. When amber arrived the gamble i took paid off, he is great dad.

I personally would say if you have faith in him, he could get over all this, theres light at end of the tunnel try to work it out, let him know what your doing and your sticking to your guns, if really cant accept that, id move on.
all the best :)

took him months to slightly come around to the idea, i put up with his nasty comments/remarks, because i believed in him, i just knew he was scared, he didnt know what hell was going to happen etc etc most of all he thought all attention would be towards baby and none to him. When amber arrived the gamble i took paid off, he is great dad.

I personally would say if you have faith in him, he could get over all this, theres light at end of the tunnel try to work it out, let him know what your doing and your sticking to your guns, if really cant accept that, id move on.

Im getting pretty much the same from my OH in regards to abortion and nasty comments/remarks..making things 10 times harder..like u i do have faith in him that he could get over this so im gonna stick at it for now..just keep trying to reassure him
x

Im getting pretty much the same from my OH in regards to abortion and nasty comments/remarks..making things 10 times harder..like u i do have faith in him that he could get over this so im gonna stick at it for now..just keep trying to reassure him
x

yeah certainly does make it harder, esp with emotions running high, basically having to grit ya teeth at the remarks, let them go over your head just to stop an out burst from happening.

try just do things as couple etc, try not bring it up to often what i found best. :)x

x

yeah certainly does make it harder, esp with emotions running high, basically having to grit ya teeth at the remarks, let them go over your head just to stop an out burst from happening.

try just do things as couple etc, try not bring it up to often what i found best. :)x

Thanks for the advice..Yee im gona try not to bring it up so often 'til he's abit more sorted lol its soo hard though..i want to tell him 'bout every lil thing i go through..im so exited i just want to talk about it with him but as soon as i bring it up its all :hissy::dohh::cry: driving me nuts..glad iv got all the ladies on here to chat to or id be going mad lol
x

When I first told my then boyfriend he put the phone down (I live Derby he lives Nottingham and only saw each other on weekends and I found out on the monday and just couldn't go the whole week not telling)
Then he went on msn and said I have to have an abortion and that it was easy theres nothing to it and said some really horrible things about abortion that I won't repeat they're too horrible.
Then he rang me saying I was a sleep around and that the baby wasn't his because he was infertile and he'd been to the doctors and been tested (bearing in mind hes the only person I've slept with ever so there was no doubt about whos baby was)
But to be honest he played mind games and abused me from the day we got together so he was bound to do it some more when I got pregnant, I just didn't see the abuse and everything at the time. And throughout the pregnancy he gave me abuse and stress that ended up affecting me and baby.
I kept my baby and split up with my then boyfriend and it was the best thing I ever did, though now babys here and I have a new boyfriend he doesn't like it and is now doing anything and everything he can to hurt me, and even though he did everything he did I never stopped him from seeing baby and hes still taking me to court???

But trust me hun, you dont need him! Do what you think is right and do what you want. It is your body your life and your baby! Dont let him force you into anything because you can do it without him. Theres plenty of young single mums that are amazing mums :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->