Upset, angry & really worried.

PrincessJJ

Reaction score
My LO has been poorly (teething I think) for a couple of weeks. Iv been giving her calpol once or twice a day to help with it.

We've just been to my mil's & baby was due calpol but in my opinion didn't need it yet.... My mil took it upon herself to give my LO calpol, then after doing so without my consent tells me she gave her a half dose of 6+ calpol. My baby girl is 16weeks old!! I'm not sure what to do. Sp worried it's going to make her ill. Please help.

I would ring out of hours doctor for advice as that's technically am an overdose. Try not to be too cross with your mil she wouldn't have done it on purpose although it is worrying and very annoying. If it helps I accidentally have my baby a double dose by accident I have a toddler too and just automatically gave what he has...I was told just to watch my little one and he was ok

If you're worried ring the hospital or your gp. In the mean time just keep an eye on her, id worry if she became drowsy. I would be furious if my mil did that such unnecessary stress

Ring 111, or visit A&E taking the bottle.

It's an overdose.

And as well as what the other ladies said, have a word with mil (and ger dh to back u up!!) about undermining you!

I'd ring the out of hours doctor (NHS direct IMO is a waste of time) as others have said it's an overdose as it's double the recommended dose.

I'd be fuming.

Call your doctor.

I'd be furious, not only did she ignore you she has put your lo at risk!

That was extremely irresponsible of your mil!
I would be fuming. Definitely ring the out of hours service hun.
:hugs: you must be stressed to the max.

It goes by weight the amount on the package is the 'safer' amount in the hospital they give a child a dose based on weight not on age so im sure it would be ok, id personally check anyway as your worried. Nhs24 should be able to help

They have told me to keep an eye on her and her breathing and not to let her sleep. I think it's made her feel poorly as she's been really drowsy but crying a lot.
I'm so upset with mil - who still thinks she did nothing wrong and has said she wouldn't hesitate before doing it again. Even though doctors said that 6plus is a higher concentrate that's why it's not to be given to under 6's never mind under 6months.
Thank you everyone for your replies xxx

Unforgivable. I'd cut contact if someone acted like that until they apologised & retracted the statement which effectively means she'd happily overdose your baby.

I really hope your precious baby feels ok soon :nope: x :flow:

Your mil needs a serious talking to if that's her attitude. Even if she believes she's done the right thing, that's not her child and she should respect your wishes as her mother.

Hope your LO is ok hon, you must have had a fright (I know what I would have been like!) xx

I really hope your lo will be ok, I'm sure she will but your mil acted irresponsibly and I couldn't forgive after her attitude in response, she's prob on the defense and deep down feels bad but she should never ever have administered your lo with any medication unless on strict instructions from you if your dh. I'm so upset for you and I hope you lo feels better v soon xxx. X

I would KILL her. that woman does not deserve to be near your baby

She's awful.... A total know it all... "Iv had 4 kids so know everything" and lives just 4doors away. She tries to treat my baby as if she's her own. Takes her out my arms if she cries and refuses to give her back, normally that's bad enough but this has just been totally unforgivable. I'm still fuming now. Spent 2hours crying part out of worry and part anger. Stupid woman never thinks she's done anything wrong and rarely apologises.

My baby girl is smiling at the moment so seems to be feeling better. Doubt il get any sleep tonight though just incase.
Xx

Your mil needs a serious talking to if that's her attitude. Even if she believes she's done the right thing, that's not her child and she should respect your wishes as her mother.

Hope your LO is ok hon, you must have had a fright (I know what I would have been like!) xx

I don't even know where to start with her, she's just getting worse and worse. I feel as though she treats me as a surrogate to my daughter and like I only had her for her to play mommy. Getting to the point where I dread seeing her or going there.

LO seems happier, keeps crying real tears for no apparent reason but she's smiling inbetween. Think she's fine but I never want to risk that again. I mean we live a few doors away, me or DH could have popped back and fetched her own baby calpol if it had been needed. There was absolutely no reason for her to give her age 6plus calpol at all. I feel sick at her complete lack of respect for me and risk she took with my baby.

So so angry. I know I should calm down now LO seems better but I really can't, just keep thinking 'what if' :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->