Upsetting News today (Club Feet)

rookies

Reaction score
We had our 20 weeks scan today and it appear the little one got Club Feet and we are very upset at the moment.

I am writing to see if there are any parents on here with babies with ClubFeet?? How you got one and what they like now?

Thanks

:hugs:. Try posting in the 'special needs' section, you may get more responses xx

Hello honey,

My MIL was born with club feet 61 years ago and I swear to god, I would never, ever have known unless I was told. She wore calipers (sp?) that corrected it (bare in mind that was 60 yrs ago, so it may be different now).
She is one of the most active people I know, she goes sailing, walking and hill walking all the time (puts me to shame....) and it really, really doesn't affect her.
You will be amazed at what they are able to do. I sure by the time your lo is a few yrs old, you wouldn't even realise?
Sorry, I don't know much more, but my MIL is the only person I've known that had had it, and I promise it did her no harm.

Em xxxx

I'm sorry about your news. I don't have any personal advice to offer, but found this article about the Ponseti method that seems to be the best treatment method out there and doesn't require surgery (and this is from the hospital that Ponseti himself works at). This site has some testimonial videos from parents that may be helpful for you too.

https://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/orthopaedics/clubfeet/

Good luck!

My friends little boy was diagnosed with club feet at his 20 week scan. As soon as he was born he was given a few weeks before having his feet put into casts. They do this because newborns are not moving around as much when small so its for their benefit to do it ASAP. They said he will be walking around the same time other babies his age would be :)

My OH has a 3 month old brother who was born with a club foot... he has a cast on it, which is changed every week and gradually will bring his foot out, then he will have physio on it etc. I don't know too much on the condition but his parents don't seem at all worried... it is easily corrrected and doesn't prevent them from doing anything later in life...

In fact, my younger brother had a mild version of club foot when he was born and had to have his foot massaged out etc, and I hadn't even realised (probably because I was 4 at the time but still), honestly he plays football and runs and does judo now, he hasn't been affected at all.

I hope that helped, even a tiny bit :hugs:

Hello Everyone.

Thank you for all your kind words and message plus help. We have been reading up on everything regarding ClubFeet and it appear to be easily corrected if done if done quickly. It seems it not as bad as it sounds. It just shock me that I dont see any baby like this out there unless it hidden?? Was hoping there someone on here that got a child with Clubfeet and give me their personal views :)
:hugs: to you all

my brother has got a mild form of club feet and he didnt even find out until he was 25sih and its never affected him. Try not to worry though :)

i was born with both my feet turned inward,had to wear these special boots for months to straighten my feet when i was a child, but my feet are prefectly fine now, x

I was born with a club foot. My parents did the cast/braces thing right away and I'd never have known about it if they hadn't told me. It doesn't affect me at all and I'm very active. Ran track in high school and I play hockey now.

We had our 20 weeks scan today and it appear the little one got Club Feet and we are very upset at the moment.

I am writing to see if there are any parents on here with babies with ClubFeet?? How you got one and what they like now?

Thanks

My baby was born with talipes (club foot) in august

I have replied to your post in the special needs parenting section
:hugs:

hiya

i dont know if this will be of any reassurance but someone i know was told her son would have club feet due to a lack of water...his feet were fine!

i hope all works out well for you! x

my brother in law had them too - i think even my left foot was turned in aswell - we're perfectly fine! i think once the babies out it will move back to its normal position :) try not to worry as you have half way yet to go, dont want to stress yourself out xxxxxxxxxxx

My SIL had the same, she is now a salsa dancer and has performed at Notting Hill carnival. It's very treatable. Big hugs! Xxx

Thank you guys for all your replies it has give me some confidence. Fingers cross all be lovely and bubbly.

My friend's little boy had a club foot when he was born (it wasn't picked up at the scan so they only found out at birth). He had a cast and special "shoes" to wear. He's now just over 1 and only wears the shoes at night. He's walking and moving - you'd never know!

It really is nothing to worry about - your little one is unlikely to ever remember they had it.

Hi there, what a shock that must have been to find out. However by now i'm sure you've done all your research and realised how easily treatable it is these days thankfully, and i'm sure your little Bean will be just fine.

My good friend Kelly's son came out with two club feet at 90 degree angles, it was a severe case and took a few months of casts and operations but by 9 months all was fine and he walked on his first birthday! x

Hi,

Yeah it was a shocking news but we have settled now and come to term with it... We are very confidence that it be fixed etc. How long the treatment will be is not known till the little bean is born.

We are looking forward to having the child and giving it so much love.

Hi there, what a shock that must have been to find out. However by now i'm sure you've done all your research and realised how easily treatable it is these days thankfully, and i'm sure your little Bean will be just fine.

My good friend Kelly's son came out with two club feet at 90 degree angles, it was a severe case and took a few months of casts and operations but by 9 months all was fine and he walked on his first birthday! x

Think its more common than you realise unitl you make a post like this,I was suprised! I was born with club foot and they were strapped from birth I think (1983) also my friend and Best friend had the same problem.Dont worry to much hunni,I have no issues at all apart from the occasional weak ankle moment!!x

My feet turned in at the ankles when I was born (my parents never used the term club feet though) and the doctors recommended breaking my ankles and setting them in casts but my parents said no to that. Instead I wore braces for several years and except for being a late walker (18 months) I've had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->