Urban baby room ideas?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
Help needed from creative people! :flower:

As I get closer to ttc, I am trying to imagine fitting everything in the tiny space we have dedicated to be our nursery. I am really having trouble picturing it! It is an oddly shaped room with a sloped ceiling, and we have to fit a couple of large bookcases in there that won't fit anywhere else in the house (did I mention our house is tiny?? :haha:). Oh, and the bookcases are full already. :dohh:

For those of you who have had to contend with tiny bedrooms, or for those of you who are just really good at decorating/imagining baby rooms...um...got any space saving ideas for me? We don't even have a closet for that room, so storage is going to be a major issue.

What do we really need, and what can we skip? And how can we make the most of our space and make it look cute without cluttering it up, or having it look random?

You can mock up a changing table by putting a mat on top of a dresser/chest of drawers at the right height. At the beginning you could store quite a bit under the raised cot - once you have to drop the cot base down you'd lose that though. Ummm go vertical as much as you can - hooks along the wall to hang things off, they could be decorative and chic.

The only furniture you need is a cot and something to store clothes and baby bits in. We have one chest of drawers that's quite tall and deep and not babyish so will last him forever. You also will probably need something to sit on while trying to settle or feed LO at night.

Shelves on the wall might come in handy and like the pp said hooks could look nice. Ikea's good for storage furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->