Urgent help need for job application, Please

oliviarose

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ladies,

I could do with some urgent help. I have seen my perfect job advertised on the internet and work and I am in the process of applying for it. They will close the position early if they get too many applicants, so I need to do it ASAP and I have been trying to fill it in since Monday. Deline is 25th March.

I am in the process of applying for a position of a community maternity support worker.

I am trying to fill in section of why I would be good for the job and I am coming up blank. I have bullet points of what I want to say, but I am really struggling to word it properly and I know that the way I word it is key to if I get an interview or not.

I am currently a clinical support worker at our hospital and I have been a community care worker previous to this.

I also have two children of my own and I BF my DS for 12 months.

Can anyone help in how best to word my application and any tips on how to get it started.

Thanks ladies.

Have you gone through the job description? I try to match my suitability to the things they have asked for by mentioning those things but wording it differently. For example if they list needing a responsible person, think of something that demonstrates that (that you do) and put that in the part about why you think you are good for the job. Also try to think of a way to bring in your caring nature and your experience with your own children without saying the typical 'I am a very caring person'.

Hope that makes sense! Good luck x

get hold of the job spec and address each point, find examples of how you have done that in your life.

Thanks for the tips ladies :) yeah I have the job spec and I have all of what I want to say, it's wording it properly, as you say lubbird I need to get away from the usual 'I am a kind and caring person, etc'.

How about this?

I am currently a clinical support worker at a local hospital and previous to this I have been a community care worker which I loved so have experience of a similar role. I also have two children of my own and I BF my DS for 12 months so would have a lot of empathy and understanding for new mums and BF mums.

What is it about the job that really excites you? What do you look forward to most? Try to include that also. I'm sure for a job of this nature they are looking for an ethusiastic candidate who really wants to do this.

Also any skills youv gained from previous jobs :)
Best of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->