urgent help

loz

Reaction score
just got back from having a big dinner at parents and have really bad heartburn, iv ran out of heartburn stuff and oh left the milk out and it smells funny. im really desbrate and the only think we have in is andrews but on the label it says consult your doctor if you ase pregnant. has anyone taken this or know if it is safe to take?

or do u know of anything else that would cure it?

oh hun, i'm not sure.

I usually just drink milk or take rennie.

what about water??

Search on the net about andrews whilst pregnant.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

xxx

try a lump of cheese if u hav any! coz i find it does the same as milk! its something to do with the fat i reckon but if u are uncure about the andrews stuff i wouldnt touch it

good luck

xx

Have you got any herbal tea in?
My MW says that can help.
That or water is all I can think of,good few glasses of water xxx

dont have any cheese :cry:

omg is so bad. feel like a dragon, bet if i gave it a go i could blow fire! :-(

looked on internet and not found anything

tried water n it seems to make it worse

Milk doesnt work. Feels good going down but stirs up acid worse. It's just an old wives tale. I hope it cleared up hun.

Looks like a Tums or a Rolaids here in Canada? I took them my whole pregnancy. I took every type of heartburn medicine out there. I am not a doctor though.

When I googled it, it said Andrews were Tums. I think they are fine :D

I'm in Canada as well, and Diovol Plus is my medicine of choice. Approved by doctor as well. Much the same as Tums/Roloids but a little stronger.

I also find that a glass of ginger ale or tomato juice really help with heartburn/gas. Peppermint Tea is also another solution. Very natural herbal remedy.

Not very nice - but if you are desperate, a little tea spoon of bicarbinate of soda (alkali to neutralise the acid).

I usually find peppermint tea works well as does soft mints as they have peppermint oil in them.

Hope you managed to get some relief chick, heartburn is a bitch isn't it? xxx

hey, not much help now but next time if your unsure about meds call nhs direct.
i was advised by pharmacy i could take simple linctus but when reading the bottle it said consult doctor. it did take them at least 20mins to give me an answer as theres a number of different companies that make it, with diff mixture of ingredients etc. they found the bottle i had brought on their list and after reading through list of ingredients adviced against it as it had some form of alcohol in that they didnt recommend. im glad i checked first!
hope you managed to get some sort of cure/relief from the heartburn

Apples!

Such a weird one but i eat loads now as they actually help!

it eased when i went bed. think baby must of been pushing everything up. first thing i did this morning was get some more gaviscon but if im short again i will give the apple a go and my fil has bicarbonate soda so could also try that. i had some peppermint capsuals at my mums before and it didnt work.

thanks everyone x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->