URGENT- just out of hospital - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Aww Im glad you and the baby are doing good!!! Sorry you had that happen! Thanks for the links, They are very helpfull!!

:hug: hope you feel better soon.

i have had 2 urine infections since falling pregnant. i had one at 24 weeks and the other one just a couple of weeks ago. my doctor and midwife warned me that they can cause premature labour and are actually very serious. horrible nasty things so they are.

thanks for the post.

Christine
X

Glad you are ok...

UTI's are EASILY prevented and treated actually... Everyone (pregnant and not pregnant) needs to remember to drink lots of water, always... And also cranberry juice, which has many detoxifying properties in it... Even if you dont like cranberry juice, which many people dont, it is still good to have it.

Not drinking enough, especially in hot weather, makes urine too concentrated. And your urine is full of toxins and waste. Fluids keep your urine diluted.

Another thing which is common amount us preggos (I do it to) is to go to the bathroom to pee TOO MUCH! Going to the bathroom too frequently lets in bacteria through the urethra. And also always wipe front to back, never back to front.

Thanks for posting this hun.
So glad that you and bubs are both ok.
xx
:hug:

I so know where your coming from I had UTI and they never gave me anything for it...then went to the emergency docs and he did a urine test and said I had a UTI as well...guess what they sent me home again without antiobiotics...Then a visit to my out of hours doctor at my own surgery eventually got me some medication....it shouldn't have to take 3 weeks to get some help.

We all know when we feel ill, I just wish these people would listen when we tell them x

Thanks for posting, its really important to keep on top of it

i suffer with utis all the time i had a one for about 3 weeks but it was really mild so doc said no antibiotics drink loads of water, which i did. one night i woke up screaming it came from nowhere, its not as if it gradually got worse it just travveled 2 my kidneys and by god was it agony i thought i was going to die
tbh youve just reminded me to make sure i dont mistake pregnancy symptoms for those of a uti cuz i really dont want this 2 happen again

thanks hun

xxx

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages.

If you feel you may have symptoms, ring your midwife and/or Obstetrician. They'll tell you how to proceed. I am certain different areas have different facilities for testing urine and bloods.

@Alice- that's weird- I live near Manchester, OH's parents are in Malta. Small world. We are in Naxxar. The healthcare here is amazing- 6th best in the world (while the Uk is like 14th). We decided to have the baby out here because I wanted an elective c-section (my father has been performing them for 30+ years and so I am well aware of the truth about how safe they are) and we were flat out denied a c-section. In fact, you cannot get an elective c-section in the Northwest of the UK. The only other option was London, which in terms of cost and logistics, is actually a bigger pain than Malta.

Also, living in Warrington, it isn't the best place for antenatal care. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for NHS workers- they do amazing things with the facilities they are provided. Maybe it is just my personal experience, but with the exception of one scan, every single visit has been a nightmare, from the midwives, to my appointments never being less than an hour late each time, to the practictioners assuming I am an idiot who is incapable of making informed decisions, to the filthy conditions of Warrington General Hospital. I figured I may as well take advantage of parents-in-law living here.

Send me a message if you need a recommendation for a good Obstetrician/surgeon. Mine is fantastic- brilliant reputation, very friendly and a woman (rare here). She's doing my antenatal care plus my c-section.

Cheers everyone!

Amanda x

Thanks girls- good to know you'll be watching out for yourselves as well.

Be safe xo

Thanks girls for the well wishes!

@leedsforever- hope your third tri going well so far! I'll be joining you next week. If you are uncertain about what your midwife tests for, go ahead and give her a ring and ask. It certainly won't hurt!

xo

thanks hun!! ive got my 32 week appointment so will tell her my concerns then!!! :)

when i was advised to go labour ward last week or so the mw there sent my urine off so everything should be fine!! :) You just wonder especially as they develop so quickly!!

Thanks again xxx

I had this (as some of you may know...the UTI) i still have some of the symptoms but my wee is clear....just remember to take you wee to the doctors if you are concerned! Your doc can send this off and/or dipstick it too...not just your midwife....

we've decided to have her here, i felt it was better to cos i know the health system and that here, plus we couldnt have afforded to pay to have her over there!! my SIL has had both hers there and her maternity care sounds so much better, scans at every appointment and that!! we might be moving out after we've had her, cant think of a better place to bring up a baby!! you coming back over here when you'v had yours??

Thanks darl for the info...I have had kidney infections so I know ecactly what you are talking about....but not while being pregy! So I will keep an extra eye out!!! Eww three eyes!! :lol:
Anyway, hope you are ok now and that your scare is over! :flower: I bet your DH was scared too...poor guy! Anyway hope your little one is kicking you under the ribs again! And generally making you feel uncomfortable! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->