Urgent ovulation help needed!!

angel11

Reaction score
Ladies

I stopped BC pill on 7 March 2011. Had withdrawal bleeding on 10 - 14 March. I have no idea when I suppose to ovulate but I had 26 - 27 day cycles on the pill. So I should've had my fertile period around 20 - 27 March. So I bought a set of 7 OPK test. I did 4 tests on each of the following days 22,23,24 and 25 March. All had light lines that became lighter up until 25 March where I had no line.

So I have been feeling crampy, bloated, nauseous, sneezing, sleepy etc from 18 March already up to the point where I though I might be pregnant. So last night after having an orgasm, I had uterus cramps. A Lot. This morning I had clear watery CM and my uterus is so high I cannot really reach it. So for the fun, I did an OPK tonight and the test line was darker than the control line!!

This is weird as I thought the line gets progressively darker until you ovulate and then goes lighter. Mine already had the light and then the "nothing" line, how can i immediately show up very dark now?

Am I ovulating? Does it mean we have to "do it" tonight?

I also heard that some woman use OPK as pregnancy indicators before a HPT can pick anything up. Anyone know about this?

Please help

Ladies

I stopped BC pill on 7 March 2011. Had withdrawal bleeding on 10 - 14 March. I have no idea when I suppose to ovulate but I had 26 - 27 day cycles on the pill. So I should've had my fertile period around 20 - 27 March. So I bought a set of 7 OPK test. I did 4 tests on each of the following days 22,23,24 and 25 March. All had light lines that became lighter up until 25 March where I had no line.

So I have been feeling crampy, bloated, nauseous, sneezing, sleepy etc from 18 March already up to the point where I though I might be pregnant. So last night after having an orgasm, I had uterus cramps. A Lot. This morning I had clear watery CM and my uterus is so high I cannot really reach it. So for the fun, I did an OPK tonight and the test line was darker than the control line!!

This is weird as I thought the line gets progressively darker until you ovulate and then goes lighter. Mine already had the light and then the "nothing" line, how can i immediately show up very dark now?

Am I ovulating? Does it mean we have to "do it" tonight?

I also heard that some woman use OPK as pregnancy indicators before a HPT can pick anything up. Anyone know about this?

Please help

From what I know, most cycles right after getting off BC are weird. You may need to wait until you have a proper period before doing the OPKs.

Oo tough one! lol...though only because I'm not really an expert on OPKs cos I never had much luck with them when I did use them lol (never ever had a line, cept for evaps on every single one lol)

But I didn't want to read and run so I'll tell you what I do know.

Firstly, now that you're off BCP you can kiss those lovely, regular 26-27 day cycles goodbye :cry:
I had clockwork 28 day cycles on the pill, could expect AF every 4 Tuesday, now mine are all over the place! But I'm not normal.

Most women take around 6 months (research has told me) for their cycles to get back to normal once the stop BCP (a handy piece of info doctors love to leave out when precribing it)

TBH, from what I know, and I could be wrong, from what you're descibing with you OPKs sounds to be like you started testing after you ovulated, hence the lines getting lighter as the hormone (not sure what it's called lol) leaves your system. But that's just logic speaking, I'm not 100% sure on that.

As far as the dark one goes, yes, it could be detecting HCG, I've read that they can do that =)
But on the other hand, like I said, I could be wrong about the light OPKs.

If it is a positive for Ovulation, it would mean you're due to ovulate within 12-48 hours, that much I do know for certain.
And the only thing to do with that, is get :sex: =D
Your best bet is to BD every night for the next 3 nights at least, in order to catch that eggy! The egg will live for 24 hours after it's released =)

Good Luck Hon! Hope you catch it! =D

(P.S. Sorry if I seem to ramble a bit. It's 4:20am here, I'm tired but I can't sleep lol)

sorry hun i am assuming you are trying to conceive... it is best to wait until your body stops withdrawing from the bcp. that can be anywhere from 2 months to never... it depends on each women... you bcp cycles no longer matter because your cycles now maybe longer of shorter because of it... but if you do have a 28 day cycle.... naturally you begin testing cd11(there are cycles you can ovulate early) until the control line is just as dark or darker than the control line. my first pic is like cd11 to cd 15 i think, then the second is cd18(that day i had cramps on my left side for six hours), and the third is cd19. i actually dont ovulate on my own but my opk are still good for some one not on clomid... it shows a fade pattern almost.oh and the fourth pic is cd20.

Attachments

• MARCH15OPK.jpg
    MARCH15OPK.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
  • CD-18.jpg
    CD-18.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
  • cd19, day 5 positive opk.jpg
    cd19, day 5 positive opk.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • CD20 230PM.jpg
    CD20 230PM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
@Oobies - Thanks for the info. Yeah I have read that it takes some time for your cycle to adjust and honestly, I am sure I was around 30 - 35 days cycles prior to BC. I never read up on any of these things before taking BC and very P* off that the doctors don't mention these things to you. On the other hand, my friend did know about this so she stopped BC thinking she has around 6 months for this to work, and she got pregnant first month (2 weeks after he last pill)....Really happy for her and obviously secretly hoping that I have the same scenario. We did :sex: last night but I woke up this morning with such a painful abdomen and constipation (TMI) :cry:

@ARRIELLE - jip trying to conceive. Thanks for the pictures. That really helps me to understand this. That is why I am confused as the lines gradually build up to darker. Mine went from faint but visible, to faint, faint and then nothing. And then 3 days later has a line darker than the control line. I have been having abdominal cramping since 18 March (11 days after stopping the pill). So that is why I thought to test for ovulation as AF wasn't due at all and the cramps are still there, on and off.

Thanks for the help ladies. Let's wait and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->