Urgent question!!

xblondiex

Reaction score
I bought RIP Flea spray as have a bad flea infestation i got my mum to flea spray they house only to find out shes sprayed everything even bedding!! It says not to spray bedding. Will this affect me or bump??

I'm not sure what spray that is, but I have used flea sprays while pregnant before. Does it tell you on the label?

If I where you I'd wash your bedding, or if the flea infestation is bad I'd throw it out and buy new.

It just says RIP Fleas and say do not spray bedding :shrug: ill make sure i wash it. Do surfaces need wiping down after its been sprayed? Thanks x

When I used flea spray I just used the one for carpets and furniture such as sofas. One spray and everything was gone for me.

Could you see what the vets advise? I think I've seen your posts before with flea problems. They're such a pain to get rid of once you've got them in your house. You may need something from the vet.

I had an infestation this summer and it was so difficult to sort! I went to the vets and they recommended a spray called Virbac Indoorex for me, plus a spot on treatment for my cat. Take your sofas/ chairs apart and hoover in the crevices regularly. The fleas have a roughly 14 day life cycle from egg to flea, so you have to spray more than once in that period to break the cycle. Also if you have an animal its a good idea to get a flea collar and brush with a flea comb every day to get rid of the blighters. I really do sympathise, its awful :(
Are you in the uk? Xx

If its really problematic you could get a pest control company in to sort it? And definitely wash all your bedding/wash or throw away animal bedding xx

Yep, Hoover like your life depends on it! Also make sure you empty the Hoover bag afterwards and get rid of it because vibrations of the Hoover causes the eggs to hatch (that's what the vet advised me) so I hoovered every day religiously sometimes twice a day and emptied the bag right away.

This stuff is from the vets so hopefully will be the last time im just so cautious of sprays while im pregnant. The vets said bedding was safe to do but the can says different.
Yea im in uk its such a nightmare my dog will be clean of them for a couple days then be crawling :cry: hes been treated with a spot on called advocat which should keep them off. Was u ok petting ur animal after the 24 hours? They told me not to bath him for a week but he looks sticky from the solution so i dont fancy my chances of petting him

If he's continuing to get them after a day or so then the problem is definitely in your home. It's such a pain.

If it was me I'd throw bedding out or put it on the hottest wash possible.

Have you pulled all furniture out etc and hoovered x

When we had them we used the flea tablets, flea shampoo and then put a flea collar on our dog. I also hoovered the whole house, sofas, getting right in the edges at the skirting boards with the attachment then sprayed the whole house with the flea spray and went out for a few hours. I wawashed the dogs bed on a 90 wash and washed all our bedding too even though the dog isn't allowed upstairs. We put the rest of the flea collar into the hoover so any fleas would die. When I checked the dog again the next day he was clear and has been clear since.
good luck xx

Oh yes that's something you could do, pop a flea collar into the Hoover :)

Just come home had to stay out the smell was that bad house still smells of it but not as strong do you think it will be safe to sleep in it? X

Yes you should be fine. I slept in my house after I'd sprayed it all.

How's the dog doing?

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. You've got a good start on things. Maybe open some windows in your house to air out the smell from the spray. I would definitely wash the bedding in hot water. Vacuum at least once a day. Not only will it suck up as many of the fleas and eggs that it can, the vibrations will also cause the eggs that are attached to fibers to hatch. Spot treatments are good for your pet, just don't touch for a day or 2. But please don't use flea collars on your pet. What most people don't realize is that they are actually toxic to animals. My instructors in vet tech school always told us to discourage them as much as possible, and when I worked at an animal shelter, we cut them off as soon the animals came in the door.

Thanks feel a lot better about things now :) dogs doing great not a single black dot on him fingers crossed house us done for baby coming :) thanks for the advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->