Urgent - What is this???? Honest answers please

Visje

Reaction score
Ok, this is really bad. I have had cramping on and off for about the last 5 days that feels a lot like I'm having my period. I spoke to the midwife last week, she said it's normal, last night, it was really bad, and I had a tiny bit of spotting. Nothing that came off in the toilet paper, but it looked like someone drew 2 red dots with a ballpoint pen. The midwife I spoke to last night said if I still have cramping today to call the office and they'll try to move my first scan, which is Friday, to as soon as possible. This morning, I still have cramping, and I don't feel the baby's presence like I did a few days ago.

She did say on the phone last night that it's probably the baby growing, but my symptoms also did match ectopic pregnancy. I'm now at 7 weeks.

I just called the midwife's office, now I have to wait for them to call me back. And I also feel like the stress from all this waiting could kill our baby assuming nothing else has already.

Please help. :-(

Unfortunately there is nothing u can do will have to wait it out. Hopefully u will get an early scan x

Hi hun, I agree with PP, I hope you get an early scan and I hope all is ok x

I know that all I can do is wait it out, but I'd also like to have an idea of how likely it is that something is wrong. This can help my sanity a lot while waiting it out, as well as mentally prepare me for the scan if it is likely to be an ectopic or something else bad. :)

UPDATE: I did just hear back from them, and the earliest they could fit me in for a scan is tomorrow morning. She doesn't seem to think it's an ectopic, as my cramps haven't been more painful than a period, so hopefully she's right.

I think u will have your scan and little bean will be there as happy as anything :) good luck hun not long to wait now xxx

Thank you, and I definitely hope so! :)

Unlikely to be ectopic as the cramps really would be agonising. Spotting is also normal especially early on. Unfortunately no one can tell you the likelihood of anything being wrong as the same symptoms that spell bad news for one person can be totally normal for another. In my opinion what you are having seems normal. Only time will tell. Hope everything goes well at your scan xx

I have had period pain off and on since 4 weeks and am now nearly 12 weeks and still have it. I had 2 lots of bleeding also, the second reasonably heavy. I am still going strong and have had 3 scans showing normal development. Get the scan to make sure but don't assume it is necessarily bad news. I had a scan at 8+4 and all was well still and waiting until my next scan at 13+ but as far as I know all is ok. Try not to worry. You go through a lot of changes early on so it is normal to get some discomfort.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. No one can really tell you how likely or unlikely anything is:( I spotted/bled for the first 10 weeks with my son. At one point, the cramps were so bad, I was doubled over from pain--couldn't stand up straight. He's a year old now, so cramping and spotting don't always mean the worst. There are a lot of reasons you can spot. They never found out why with me though. Sending hugs.

I hope that everything is okay. I'd try to rest if you can until your scan hon. xx

I am trying to keep it as zen untill tomorrow morning, thanks guys! I am doing a bit of reading up as well, and the more I read up, the less freaked out I am that I don't feel so much yet in the way of pregnancy symptoms. :)

I've bled and spotted several times throughout my pregnancy so far and it's always been a SCH. And also cramped SO badly that it sometimes felt just as bad as my period pains. Actually, my cramps started from ovulation and just continued on throughout the first trimester and even now I still cramp. But at my last check up the doctor told me that everything looks great... no sign of the SCH anymore and the cramping is caused by the expanding uterus so I'm staying positive.

Sometimes I still get scared that things can go wrong, but I've decided that the best thing to do is be positive! Hopefully your scan in the morning will show that everything is fine and your little one is snuggled up comfortably :hugs: keep us posted!

I've Cramped the whole time. Period like cramps off and on. It gets me worried cause some are bad enough to make me feel uncomfortable. My nurses and friends all tell me If I don't have bleeding I am okay. But when it does happen I still get nervous.

I just had a friend message me on Facebook and ask me if I was pregnant, as I posted a message in a group that I'm in that I thought was private, oops! But then she said she felt like she was getting her period through to the end of her first trimester, which was very reassuring. Maybe there is something to announcing your pregnancy to more people sooner, hmmmm.....

I can't give any advice on the cramping Hun, but I did want to say that not having pregnancy symptoms does not mean anything is wrong. I've yet to have any pregnancy symptoms and have a healthy bean with a strong heartbeat. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"