Urinary Tract Infection

alloyd519

Mom of Twins & TTC #3
Reaction score
Hey guys. Well I ended up going to the hospital last night due to really bad lower abdominal pain on my left side, I didn't know if I should go or not so I called and they said I should definately come in. They monitored me for contractions but we luckily found out it was just a urinary tract infection. I was wondering how common this is during pregnancy and if anyone else has experienced this??

Dont worry as they are common during pregnancy hun. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice to flush it out your system. There are suitable antibiotics to take during pregnancy too as I had to take some for precausions.
Hope it clears up soon and you feel better
:hugs:

UTI's are super duper common during pregnancy. My Dr said that this is because the bladder sits lower now, and bacteria has a shorter trip to travel. I had one last week or the week before and was prescribed some safe anti-biotics. Like Miss Maternal said, drink a ton of cranberry juice. If you don't like it, drink it with apple juice or 7up. Also, just make sure that you're very hydrated, the more you drink, the more you pee... and the more you pee, the more infection you get out.

Like the other ladies said, they are really common. I hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

I know how you feel..I've had 2 already. Once in my first trimester and now. Both times it spread up to my kidneys and I couldn't even stand up....drinking lots of water helps...but makes you pee like crazy. AZO cranberry helps too...my doctor says that's okay to take...I only take it when it's really bad. Also, my doc said that drinks with caramel like dark soft drinks make it worse and to drink acidic light drinks. Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear you have one. They can be awful. I had one in my first tri while me and DH were on a short vacation. It was miserable. I've found that organic cranberry juice really helps. It doesn't taste great, but it worked. Hope you feel better soon! :D

Thanks for all of the advice, been drinking water and cranberry juice (yuck) like crazy, along with going to the bathroom every 10 minutes =]

I LOVE like the OceanSpray Cranberry Juice, but I've heard its not as good for UTI's cause it has sugar and stuff. I drink that all the time tho, just the organic kinda yucky stuff for UTI.

Yeah I don't mind the good sugary juice, but the organic's more tart, ick. Hopefully this will be the only time I have to deal with this during this pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->