urine infection made me bleed?! NEW QUESTION - happening again :(

C

cherryglitter

had a bit of a scare today.
went to the loo at about lunchtime and wiped and there was a lot of bloody mucous.

to cut a long story short i went to the delivery suite who checked me over. they did a speculum.

the doctor said i have a small graze on my cervix and some mucous blood around my cervix. (how on earth did i get a graze there?!?!)

but also my urine tested +++ for lecuolytes and nitrates. meaning i have a bad urine infection.

can urine infections make you bleed during pregnancy? the doctor didn't really explain it to me. :shrug: when he took the speculum out there was a lot of bright red blood on the sheet which made me panic. :nope: he said it was fine though and im not dilating or anything.

im now on anti-b's for the urine infection. urggh what a day.

Thats exactly what happened to me when pregnant with Noah hun, it scared me half to death! they swabbed me and checked my urine and i had a urine infection, urine infections can make you bleed whether you are pregnant or not, its not coming from around by the baby, the blood is coming from your bladder as far as i can remember (I'm having to think back 3 years lol!)
Hope the anti - b's work and im glad that, thats all it was! x

Yeah, definitely. Our bodies react so much differently to try to fight off infections while we're pregnant. Hope that clears up FAST!

and me.
it's been awful. :(
i still have so much discharge but i think that's just part of the pregnancy now.

ive just come out of hospital with a urine infection (which turned into a kidney infection/scepticemia) i was weeing blood for days! first time i saw the blood in the toilet i honestly thought that was my baby gone! luckily it came from the other hole and scan showed baby was fine!

I had a urine infection a couple of weeks back what turned into a kidney infection. I didn't experience any bleeding though.. But I had severe pain and couldn't get comfy and nothing helped.
I went back to the doctors and they took a swab and I got thrush from the antibiotics. I feel a lot better now, I hope I don't get another urine/kidney infection because they are so painful.

At 7 weeks I had an infection. I found a pinky discharge when I wiped and I had bad pains, they thought the pregnancy was ectopic. I had a scan done and everything was fine. Turns out I had an infection and was given antibiotics, now everything is good. Feel better soon :hugs:

i've just been to the loo and wiped and the discharge was a real slight pink colour. i kept wiping and it was still there.

i'm not too sure what to do. it can't be the urine infection surely as i think it's gone now. im peeing better anyway.

:(

they said to go back if it got worse. but it's stopped for ages and today it's just come back again but i wouldn't say it's as much as it was before, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->