Urologist told DH to use birth control

I would definitely go for another opinion. Will your GP order it for you? It doesn't have to be done by the urologist. My OB/GYN sends it out for me.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think my GP would....will have him come to my Aug appt....he will cancel his appt with the urologist...Seriously though....why are they still telling men to test after such a long time abstaining when the new research is demonstrating that morphology peaks on day 2 and then declines?

I think my GP would....will have him come to my Aug appt....he will cancel his appt with the urologist...Seriously though....why are they still telling men to test after such a long time abstaining when the new research is demonstrating that morphology peaks on day 2 and then declines?

I think it's the same reasons as anything else medical in the US; tort reform and the FDA, TBH.

What did they tell you about how long to abstain? For us they said minimum 48 hours but no more than 7 days, so we went with the minimum :)

For the benefit of the doubt it could have been the lab or the receptionist and the doctor could be a good one. But if its a busy place he might want to look for somewhere that has more time for personal attention. I know that for my DH the doctor had just written on the lab form "semen analysis", so I'm thinking how does the lab know if they are doing this for fertility or vasectomy since presumably the fertility is more in depth.

Anyway glad you called and got that figured out, so you didn't miss out on that one for nothing. The thing that sounded strange about her comment was "keep using birth control" as presumably you were not using any before.

When she said that...he told her that would mean abstaining and losing a cycle waiting for the appointment and asked if she knew why he would say that....she replied that she didn't know....Several hours later he called back and she was waiting to see if the doctor agreed that she should call him back...

Anyway...I don't really care who phucked it up....the people who work for you/with you are a direct reflection on the practice...."one rotten apple spoils the bunch...."

How long are you going to abstain for the next one? I am getting the orders next week for DH to do another. I just don't trust the results that everything is good.

DH was told to abstain for 4 days..we weren't given a range of 2-7 days, which made me wonder at the time if we BD everyday around O is abstaining for 4 days a true result of his SA?

How long are you going to abstain for the next one? I am getting the orders next week for DH to do another. I just don't trust the results that everything is good.

The sample should be collected after two - three days of abstinence but preferably not more than four-five days unless there is a known history of low sperm concentration.

They should also be ejaculating regularly, every 3 days....

Google 'Kruger Method'

Indigo just checked this after coming home from work and doing our evening thing.
I CAN'T BELIEVE they mixed up DH with a post-vasectomy patient :grr: :grr: :grr: What a royal screw-up! I wouldn't trust their office anymore either and would be requesting another urology referral!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: hun, don't give up, you will get there!!!!

Indigo just checked this after coming home from work and doing our evening thing.
I CAN'T BELIEVE they mixed up DH with a post-vasectomy patient :grr: :grr: :grr: What a royal screw-up! I wouldn't trust their office anymore either and would be requesting another urology referral!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: hun, don't give up, you will get there!!!!

Thanks....DH is convinced to go elsewhere....He is just a bit slow to react....

I am usually not this emotional....I am blaming the soy....:wacko:

Thanks ladies....I would be lost without you....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

You can blame the soy if I can blame the tamoxifen! :happydance:

That entire office needs its a$$ kicked.............I'LL DO IT!! :trouble:

Eva's gonna go shoot the fecal matter out of the damn place, lol. :haha:

That entire office needs its a$$ kicked.............I'LL DO IT!! :trouble:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Aw Eva....you rock! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

What a nightmare indigo . Last thing you need is all this stress. Hope some butts are going to be booted x

Indigo I went to bed worrying about your situation and this morning I am so prepared to get on a plane and come slap some people for you :growlmad:

FFS even if the lab f***ed up and wrote post vasectomy on the paperwork surely the receptionist should have checked before phoning :growlmad:

I can't blame you for wanting to go elsewhere :hugs:

As for Dr Google scaring you :hugs: I refuse to look as I found when studying my degree I can find any answer I want by looking on google. Not all the information is trustworthy. And all my study of medical/scientific journals about SA indicates that morphology is a very minor factor with miscarriage and/or birth defects as the female body is very good at picking off those sperm that are less than perfect.

I stupidly researched SA and diabetic men and cried for a day after reading about how diabetes can affect sperm and sperm DNA so now I refuse to search google for much :)

Indigo I'm so glad that you got the situation worked out, human error hey, you'd think with something this important they would check the name on the page.

How crappy for you to have to go through all that, no one needs that kind of crap especially when they are already stressed with TTC.

Anyway it's good that DH is going to do another sample, and in the meantime keep up the TTC and don't waste your soy cycle.

Indigo - I'm just now catching up on everything I've missed. While I'm glad you got the mix-up straightened out, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad DH agreed to go somewhere else. I would personally send a letter to the doctor. Sometimes, they need a jolt to get their heads back into the real world.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->