Urologist told DH to use birth control

Indigo I went to bed worrying about your situation and this morning I am so prepared to get on a plane and come slap some people for you :growlmad:

FFS even if the lab f***ed up and wrote post vasectomy on the paperwork surely the receptionist should have checked before phoning :growlmad:

I can't blame you for wanting to go elsewhere :hugs:

As for Dr Google scaring you :hugs: I refuse to look as I found when studying my degree I can find any answer I want by looking on google. Not all the information is trustworthy. And all my study of medical/scientific journals about SA indicates that morphology is a very minor factor with miscarriage and/or birth defects as the female body is very good at picking off those sperm that are less than perfect.

I stupidly researched SA and diabetic men and cried for a day after reading about how diabetes can affect sperm and sperm DNA so now I refuse to search google for much :)

Wooly....you rock! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes, I will stay away from Dr. Google...you are right.....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Northstar and Shelley....thanks....I will not waste my soy cycle....but getting this upset makes me wonder if the soy is to blame....I got so worked up yesterday, and get upset again when thinking about it....DH found another urologist...
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So happy u got it all sorted out ,god help the receptionist if us lot give her a visit ,:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I know that Soy can make you hormonal, but NO, I do not believe that is the culprit. You had every right to be FURIOUS and upset about that whole mess. Now, next cycle, if you have nothing going on to trigger it and you still have an outburst, then maybe think about it then. But, for now, I believe only the Doc's office is to blame.

YAY for new urologist and AWESOME on your DH acting so fast!!! :hugs:

I agree I don't think it is the soy I think it was pure frustration and despair at the situation that medical professional's staff put you in :hugs:

As for Dr Google :ban:

I know that Soy can make you hormonal, but NO, I do not believe that is the culprit. You had every right to be FURIOUS and upset about that whole mess. Now, next cycle, if you have nothing going on to trigger it and you still have an outburst, then maybe think about it then. But, for now, I believe only the Doc's office is to blame.

You're right! Stupid doc's office!:growlmad:

I agree I don't think it is the soy I think it was pure frustration and despair at the situation that medical professional's staff put you in :hugs:

As for Dr Google :ban:
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Ok...no more Dr. Google....and good-bye to that practice....

Yay for you.

Dunno if soy would make me angrier, LOL I used to be very fiery in my youth, but I've mellowed out a bit with age....

Yay for you.

Dunno if soy would make me angrier, LOL I used to be very fiery in my youth, but I've mellowed out a bit with age....

Thanks NS.....I have mellowed, too.....but yesterday I was a mess!
DH would not give me the name of the practice or phone numbers because he was afraid of what would happen.....:haha:

Yay for you.

I'm the opposite.Everything these days pi$$es me off :haha: Yes, ladies as shocking as it is, I am a crotchety old woman :haha:

Yay for you.

I'm the opposite.Everything these days pi$$es me off :haha: Yes, ladies as shocking as it is, I am a crotchety old woman :haha:

Oh, Eva...you aren't a crotchety old woman...we are all about the same age here, lol. You are just really mother fuc*ing pi$$ed off from the SOB Arizona heat, lol. :haha:

Yay for you.

Thanks NS.....I have mellowed, too.....but yesterday I was a mess!
DH would not give me the name of the practice or phone numbers because he was afraid of what would happen.....:haha:

Could have given me the number...........bwah ahahahaha

Yay for you.

Oh, Eva...you aren't a crotchety old woman...we are all about the same age here, lol. You are just really mother fuc*ing pi$$ed off from the SOB Arizona heat, lol. :haha:

You are reading my mind!!! lol

omg indigo I finally had time to come online and actually read some posts and so caught up.....wtf I was so confused about the birth control thing! what a bunch of morons ....you would think that would be training 101 to never mix up results and to double check everything!!! glad its all sorted so what is happening next?

I must have missed your SA results too, I find when Im off here for a few days the thread are hard to catch up on...you are a chatty bunch!!! so everything looks good just morphology...I had to google it as I wasnt sure what it was, I found this
https://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2006/05/sperm-morphology-mythology.html

And then there is the morphology: the percentage of sperm normally shaped. This should be 14% or higher. The average is 2-6%, but why? The original guidelines for sperm parameters, from the WHO, stated normal morphology should be 30%. Then about 20 years ago, Dr. Kruger came out and said we really need to be looking more carefully at sperm shapes. If we are really careful we will see that there are more abnormal sperm than we think, and the cutoff should be 14%. He called his classification "strict criteria". He also said that by being more careful we could better identify the men who are infertile due to badly shaped sperm. This all sounded well so the andrologists (the people who do your sperm test) started looking harder, and harder, and harder. They now deduct for every sperm that does not look perfect. So over the past 20 years, the andrologists have been getting pickier and pickier, and now a man is lucky if his morphology is over 5%, and almost everyone is less than 14%.
Obviously this has all gone too far. We are telling almost all men that their sperm is abnormal, and that just can’t be. The fact is we do not know what a normal sperm looks like.

Thanks Sarah...I have read that blog....and the same doc blogged about it again....I referenced it under Velo's Semen Analysis thread...(I think)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->