US bump buddy (text, email,..) due around Aug. 8 !!

PAgal

Reaction score
Hi! I am 9+5 and would love to have a bump pal to share pregnancy with! I am 36, most of my friends have been there done that with pregnancy, their kids are all grown up, so I am feeling a tad left out! I live near Pgh, PA, this is my 1st baby, and I am engaged to my wonderful fiance who I swear is my soul mate, we just met in 2009! I am so very excited to be here, but of course nervous & worried about all the unknowns too:)

Hey PA... I'm in Minneapolis, MN... I'm due a few weeks after you, but I will definitely be here for you :) I'm 29 and this is my first as well!!!

Awwww, thanks girl!! How you feeling so far? This your 1st?

Hi ladies - I'd like to join in too! My due date is Aug 8 also. I'm 38 & this is my first. Actually, quite a few of my friends are pregnant or just had babies, but we're keeping things secret until the 1st tri is over... & it's killing me not to discuss w/anyone - except for husband - who is great - but not a girlfriend.

Hi ladies I'd love to join y'all! I am due August 9th and this is my first. So far things have been pretty easy on me- only occasional ms, I'm a lucky one. My husband and I have been married for almost 6 months now. None of my friends are pregnant or have kids, but I do have twin 3 year old nieces! So my baby's cousins won't be too much older. Hope every one is feeling ok, not too much longer until the 2nd tri!! We're waiting to tell anyone until then. Are y'all working? How has it been at work so far?

This is my first, so far so good with the early pregnancy, baby has decided not to torture mommy yet!!!! Just a little over a week until my first dr appt. I'm hoping that it makes it seem a little more real, as with the lack of symptoms, it really hasn't fully hit me yet in a lot of ways.

Hope you've been feeling ok!

Hi all! Well although I'm thrilled to be expecting I have to admit that I'm exhausted beyond belief. At least now I can see the finish line... 2nd trimester is on the horizon. I've also started taking more iron supplements. My blood work numbers came in very low and although I'm not officially anemic - I'm close...

Raylynn, Yes, I'm working full time - I'm a civil engineer. I finally told my boss last week & he was awesome - huge pressure off there. Are you working? Do you coworkers know?

Hi ladies!! Just wanted to say hi and nice to hear from you, i`ll give a worthier reply tonite when i get home! (it`s too difficult to type on this little phone of mine:)

I am working as well. Luckily I have a desk job, but even with that I still feel the need for a mid day nap. My coworkers are really supportive, but not supportive enough to give me nap time!! lol

I am just going back to work today, I'm a prof at a community college and got my bfp right after I gave finals. I just hope that I don't have to stop in the middle of the class to go to the bathroom or that I don't ever get too hungry that my tummy growls louder than me :blush: But no one knows yet, only my husband. I might spill the beans to my friends here though...it'll be tough keeping it a secret from them. lol :happydance:

Hi there! So glad to hear you all are doing well so far:) I haven't had it too rough either-- my stomach was pretty queasy and "sketchy" for a couple weeks off and on, and I was pretty run down and tired for awhile, but I'm completely functional, just don't have near the stamina I used to for a long day! I have been so exhausted and in bed by 8 (I get up at 4am for work), but this past week I've had trouble sleeping more than 5 hours--I wake up hot and uncomfy, toss and turn til my alarm. I just want to get plenty sleep for the little one, so it worries me a little.

I haven't told anyone yet, just my bff last week (needed a friend to share the excitement with!). I am dreading telling work because I'm not sure what they'll do with me. It's a very family-oriented small co. but I'm the only female and I have a feeling they may not treat me very well over the whole thing. But all willl work out fine in the end I do believe!

Are any of you using a doppler yet? It has been such a godsend to me! At 1st it just caused panic and frustration, but once I got the hang of it, it is soooo reassuring to hear that little heart beat away. I am going to tell my parents and family soon, then wait for my next u/s on the 21st to tell anyone else.

I'm going to pm you guys my info, let's be bump buddies!!

raylynn-- I hear that this constant need to run to the bathroom will ease up in the 2nd tri, when everything pops up and out of the pelvic area, putting less pressure on the bladder. I am soooo looking forward to that, I have to go like 10 times a day at work, trying to use different bathrooms in the building so people don't pick up on it and wonder what's wrong with me, lol.

submarinegirl-- that's awesome that your boss was supportive, I'm sure that's a huge relief!

Jocelyn--oops sorry I asked you if this was your 1st right after you already told me that, it's the baby brain! glad you haven't been hit with too many symptoms, some poor ladies have it so bad so we are lucky there!

submarinegirl, I tried to pm you but you don't have that option yet, can you change the setting maybe? I think you have to select that option on your profile? It only allows me to post a public visitor message:)

I've told my family and my few closest friends. But I'm waiting until week 12 before I really break the news.

I don't have a doppler, I thought about it, but realized that in the end, it'll probably just frustrate and scare me if I ever can't find the heartbeat. I think it must be so amazing to hear the babies heartbeat when ever you want though!!

I hope everything goes well for you when you tell your work PA!

I don't have a doppler either, honestly I hadn't heard of it till just the other day. I don't think I'll get one though, my doctor was reassuring saying everything looked perfect. Even though, we're also waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone. My husband's birthday is around that time, so we'll probably do it then.

I've had a few night sweats...waking up that way isn't fun. Now it's more just running to the bathroom all night and day. Glad to know that should ease up soon. :happydance:

I sent y'all friend requests, except for submarinegirl it wouldn't let me send you a friend request yet. I think you need to make a few more posts to unlock that feature.

Have you guys been sleeping through the night at all? Luckily I don't wake up having to run to the bathroom, but I wake up several times through out the night, between comfort issues and bad dreams, its impossible to get a good nights sleep!!

Oh yea I'm having sleeping issues since week 9, was sleeping like a baby before that! I can't seem to get more than 5 hours now, wake up and toss and turn, it's frustrating!

For sure, the half-dozen trips to the bathroom are not helping my sleeping routine one bit. Not to mention the reoccurring frantic bathroom-searching dream I have abt once a week. It generally involves me - running around an unfamiliar school, searching for a bathroom. Stress-ful, esp. since I'm terrified I may one day find that "dream" bathroom in my sleep & we all know what that means...

Actually, normally by now, 5:30p, I'm a zombie w/a headache but oddly enough I'm actually feeling a human right now. I did manage to drag myself to the gym last night (just 30 mins on the treadmill).... Or maybe my extra iron supplements are kicking in... Whatever the reason - I'll take it!

PA - I envy your doppler - but not sure I want to get one as I'm sure I would listen to it non-stop & become even less productive if that is even possible.

I have just started sleeping more through the night. I think last night I only woke up twice for the bathroom. DH said last night I jumped like I was falling off the bed and that I talked in my sleep. I remember the jumping part, some dream about falling...but I don't remember the talking part. I started exersizing again on Monday, so I think for me it is helping me sleep better at night. But tossing and turning is still really bad...I'm trying to get used to sleeping on my side, but my hip starts hurting and I have to switch sides. :sleep:

Are any of you getting a pregnancy book or know of any that are recommended?

I've gotten "what to expect when you're expecting" Some other one that I don't remember the name of which is a daily pregnancy journal, tells you day by day whats going on... and I got the "belly book" which is basically just a keep sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->