US ladies...natural birth at a hospital?

Two days ago I had a natural water birth at a Hospital. My husband and doula were with me and the attending on duty was an OBGYN from my practice. I could've specified a mid-wife, but all the doctors at my practice were on board with my birth plan and the one that delivered my baby has performed a cyst removal surgery on me before so I was really comfortable with her. I think it helped that my hospital is also known as being a big proponent of natural birth, which is sometimes rare in the US.

I'm planning on giving birth in a hospital-it's a birth center with in the hospital. I'm going to have a midwife. I think it is possible to do a natural birth that way-just do your research.

We are planning a natural hospital birth as well. I was told in my Bradley Classes that one of the best ways to have a successful and natural hospital birth once labor has started is to wait until your contractions are 4 minutes apart before heading the hospital. She is a great instructor and she has a lot of good points about how going to the hospital too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->