US vs UK

yes the US has very strict rules on the pregnancy thing and check up for the most part. alot of the time you can only get U/S on certain weeks unless something could b wrong and you usually have the dr. only come in while you push then there gone.

another thing is i noticed in some other countries they say hire to use something and pay for it daily, we say rent it..... like i need to rent a car for today.
in alot of the newer houses here we have a seperate wash room its not in the kitchen.

hmmm theres a few other things i cant think of now

i think that's like a utility room? like with a sink, washing machiene, tumble dryer? :)
xx

yes the US has very strict rules on the pregnancy thing and check up for the most part. alot of the time you can only get U/S on certain weeks unless something could b wrong and you usually have the dr. only come in while you push then there gone.

another thing is i noticed in some other countries they say hire to use something and pay for it daily, we say rent it..... like i need to rent a car for today.
in alot of the newer houses here we have a seperate wash room its not in the kitchen.

hmmm theres a few other things i cant think of now

i think that's like a utility room? like with a sink, washing machiene, tumble dryer? :)
xx

Yup the utility room/laundry room, in ours we've got the washer and dryer, the furnace, and the water heater. Some have sinks too.

yup.....its so weird how many different words and differnt things we all have. even in the states we have different ways of talking it just depends on what state your from

From a few pages back--

A sheriff has jurisdiction over the county & outlying areas. THE Sheriff is an elected official, (kind of like Chief of Police) and all the officers working under him are "sheriff's deputies." Police have jurisdiction over the city. Highway Patrol is just highways, whether in or out of cities. I believe they are usually supervised by the Sheriff's office. There are also State Troopers who have jurisdiction over the entire state.

Time zones are because the country is so large from East to West. 5pm is approximately the same time of day in all parts of the country, but if we didn't have time zones, at 5pm in New York it would be time for dinner (tea) but only early afternoon in Los Angeles. So if you are calling a friend in NY from LA, knowing the time difference helps you not call them in the middle of the night.

By the way there is a site , a survey to be more precise which assesses different accents and dialects all over the world :)

https://www.ling.cam.ac.uk/survey/

you have to register but it is quick and painless.

By the way there is a site , a survey to be more precise which assesses different accents and dialects all over the world :)

https://www.ling.cam.ac.uk/survey/

you have to register but it is quick and painless.

i tried it, it didn't work :( x

well the link works but you wont see your own results ony the results of the general population that took the survey .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->