US vs UK

I just had to reply. We have meat pies in the south! Now, they are different than English meat pies, which I've also had b/c I'm half Canadian. But, we definitely have meat pies!

Omg your display picture is soooooooooooooooo cute :flower: I just aaaawed at it for a good 5 mins lol x

Haha that was good. Also corr blimey can also sorta be like omg. like 'cor blimey look at that!' (something shocking!)

fugly is an american word i use lol. well i think it's american, i got it off mean girls lol x

oh and southerners call people matey which you just don't get up here x

Fugly is one of my favorite words. :rofl:

And at least where I'm from, girls throw around whore, skank, and slut like crazy. When said casually to a girl's face, it's all in jest, and it's no big deal :haha:. But if you say it behind a girl's back or you say it harshly, it's a major insult. I know that was in Mean Girls, too.

Haha that was good. Also corr blimey can also sorta be like omg. like 'cor blimey look at that!' (something shocking!)

fugly is an american word i use lol. well i think it's american, i got it off mean girls lol x

oh and southerners call people matey which you just don't get up here x

Fugly is one of my favorite words. :rofl:

And at least where I'm from, girls throw around whore, skank, and slut like crazy. When said casually to a girl's face, it's all in jest, and it's no big deal :haha:. But if you say it behind a girl's back or you say it harshly, it's a major insult. I know that was in Mean Girls, too.

Same from over here! Lol Bitch too! Can be used good or bad! Lol

Haha yeah on mean girls when she goes 'boo you whore' i love that. I've seen mean girls soooo many times :haha: x

I think americans have some top foods, I like to go to selfridges to get my lucky charms and marshmallow fluff! Although we have Cornish cream teas! oh god I love them so much *drool*

I like our NHS too, I wouldnt swap for health insurance anyway! Ive only ever had excellent service from the NHS xxx

I like our NHS too, I wouldnt swap for health insurance anyway! Ive only ever had excellent service from the NHS xxx

I sortof agree, like I personally have never had any problems with NHS.. except the whole Down's thing with my baby but that was just one doctor who was completely rude and not very nice at all :growlmad: but yeah that was just one doctor :)

BUT if, God forbid, I had a terminal illness or a member of my family did I would prefer private care because essentially it is more comfortable and they are much more personal, whereas my Dad was treated disgustingly on the NHS, there was no personal care whatsoever and they just wanted him out the door cos he was gonna die anyway :growlmad: it was so bad it made my mum sooooo angry and upset and literally my dad was feeling pretty strong the day they went to the hospital even though he knew it was terminal anyways but the way they treated him.. he came home a broken man and he collapsed out of the car when we got him home, he went downhill so rapidly after that, they just killed any moral he still had left :cry:

Urgh sorry went off on one there!! You just reminded me lol.
But anyway it's a catch 22 cos you can't get the insurance if you're terminally ill you have to have it before you get sick.. and obvs no one knows they are gonna get something like that!

xxx

i love this thread!!!! ive just read all of it, its making me laugh so much!! especially the accents, and people watching english films.

Who in america has seen snatch? Cos its got cockney guys in it, and Irish gypsies, 2 of the BEST accents ever!!!!!! even i dont understand half of what they say :haha:

:D

i love this thread!!!! ive just read all of it, its making me laugh so much!! especially the accents, and people watching english films.

Who in america has seen snatch? Cos its got cockney guys in it, and Irish gypsies, 2 of the BEST accents ever!!!!!! even i dont understand half of what they say :haha:

:D

Love that movie!!! My husband is real into those types if movies! Lol

The Native American Reservations. It's land given to different Native American tribes all over the country a long time ago. Basically the land is not owned by the U.S, no law enforcement can go on the land except U.S Marshalls and it has to be for something REALLY big. The tribe is allowed to make their own laws and such. Like they don't tax the cigarettes on the res so a lot of people go there to buy them.

Are there many reservations? Do you see many native american people around? My ancestors were american indians!! Little interesting fact about meee heehee I love it. Made me so mad when I studied the history of the american west.. I was like STOP KILLING MY ANCESTORS AND STEALING THEIR LAND!!! :rofl:

I'm quite proud that I started such a successful thread :happydance: This has never happened to me before!! :haha: x

There are quite a few reservations around here, there's about 7 just in my area. Most native americans stay on the reservations as they have every thing they need there so I only really see any the State Fair where they have a really big section selling things and doing dances, it's really cool. Yeah, that's not the proudest time in American history, they were definitely here first and didn't deserve what was done to them.

The Native American Reservations. It's land given to different Native American tribes all over the country a long time ago. Basically the land is not owned by the U.S, no law enforcement can go on the land except U.S Marshalls and it has to be for something REALLY big. The tribe is allowed to make their own laws and such. Like they don't tax the cigarettes on the res so a lot of people go there to buy them.

Are there many reservations? Do you see many native american people around? My ancestors were american indians!! Little interesting fact about meee heehee I love it. Made me so mad when I studied the history of the american west.. I was like STOP KILLING MY ANCESTORS AND STEALING THEIR LAND!!! :rofl:

I'm quite proud that I started such a successful thread :happydance: This has never happened to me before!! :haha: x

There are quite a few reservations around here, there's about 7 just in my area. Most native americans stay on the reservations as they have every thing they need there so I only really see any the State Fair where they have a really big section selling things and doing dances, it's really cool. Yeah, that's not the proudest time in American history, they were definitely here first and didn't deserve what was done to them.

To be fair though.. it was sort of our fault for moving people over there in the first place lol. Wow just think your people came from our people :D
That is right isn't it? England founded America right?

I feel bad that Australian people started from our criminals :dohh:

Funny how both those places are now well bigger than us! x

To be fair though.. it was sort of our fault for moving people over there in the first place lol. Wow just think your people came from our people :D
That is right isn't it? England founded America right?

I feel bad that Australian people started from our criminals :dohh:

Funny how both those places are now well bigger than us! x

Haha well yes England did sort of found America on accident. Explorers were just suppose to come here to explore, not really stay lol When they decided to stay and didn't want to listen to English authority anymore there was a bit of a scuffle lol

I live in Canada! Canada winnnnnnnssss! Teehee. Great health benefits, BEAUTIFUL nature (I live on Vancouver Island). One way snowboarding, the other way surfing. You could make a weekend of it here.

Less people, less polutions, more room, cheaper housing (depending on where you are in Canada).

We have crap food compared to the UK and Europe though. I miss Holland cheese! :(

Since we were talking about it here I thought I'd share...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls_2

Another thing I hear a lot is
Thats sick or thats bad= Thast cool
Haven't seen you in a minute= Haven't seen you in a while.

We don't really use the word "proper" here unless speaking of proper grammar or something along those lines. I use it all the time though because of you girls. :haha:

My mom makes fun of me all the time because I'll say things and she'll just shake her head and go, "Talking to your English friends again?" Like the one time I made a comment about her friend's grandson being a "right looker" and then once I called my dad's boss a "proper dickhead" because he didn't pay us when he said he would and screwed us over. :growlmad:

We also don't have Fab ice lollies :( Ellie (trashit) has made me determined to try them!

Oh, and we don't have Eastenders!! :sad2: I have to watch it all online and it's hard to find because I can't watch it on any UK websites because I have an American IP address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->