USA ladies-- How much did Zofran cost you?

CantHrdlyWait

One & Done!
Reaction score
I've been called in a prescription this morning for the sublingual Zofran tablets and plan on running directly to the pharmacy when I go on my lunch break. From what i've read, even with insurance it's still really expensive. I do have have insurance.. so just trying to get an idea! How much did you pay for your Zofran??

Mine was rather cheap, but I have good insurance. I got the generic and it was $9.78 for 20.

Without insurance it would've been over 100, but with insurance I only had a $5 copay.

With out insurance I paid $80 for three boxes. Now I have insurance and its FREE! :)

Did you have to get prior authorization???

my doctors office just called and said that the insurance company needed prior authorization first, so now I have to go ANOTHER 24 hours at minumim without having the medicine. I just want to cry.

I don't think I did. :( I'm sorry you are feeling sick. Have you tried the sea bands? ginger or peppermint tea? Lemon flavored candies or smelling lemon essential oil? Chewing the ginger gum (bought at Walgreens in the nausea section) or peppermint gum helped me. Lemonade is supposed to help.

The zofran wasn't a magical cure all for me, but it did take the edge off. I also took extra b6 every morning and evening and wore the sea bands constantly. I carried a baggie of grapes around with me at all times.

:hugs:

I couldn't have gluten, but I think saltines would help? Sipping some sprite maybe too? You have to find what works for you. I've also read about supplementing with magnesium (more than the prenatal) is helpful in MS.

DD - Thank you. I've tried everything. I've been wearing seabands all day and it's like i'm not wearing them. I can't eat, and I can barely drink water without feeling REALLY sick. I've lost 3 lbs. I don't know what else to do. I was banking on having those meds today, now it might be next week. =[

DD - Thank you. I've tried everything. I've been wearing seabands all day and it's like i'm not wearing them. I can't eat, and I can barely drink water without feeling REALLY sick. I've lost 3 lbs. I don't know what else to do. I was banking on having those meds today, now it might be next week. =[

The sea bands help, but I found I had to apply more pressure (30 seconds or so) to the accupressure points a few times/day. I was not hungry, everything sounded disgusting, and I was pissed off that I had to keep eating because I did not want to. Honestly, grapes were my best friend. I ate 2-3 every 10 minutes or so throughout the day. I also drank a lot of ice water.

I suggest you try some ginger, peppermint, and lemon products to see what works best for you. Ginger ale did not help me at all, but the crystalized ginger seemed to help (although I had to choke it down - blech) and the ginger gum was the best - the clear winner. Peppermint tea was totally gross, but gum helped. Not being able to eat gluten was tough because everything that sounded good to eat involved bread or crispy breading...and the gluten free substitutes sounded so gross. I picked up some gluten free bunny cookies (Annie's brand) and those were helpful along with the grapes. Oh, and lemon sorbet/ice pops.

I hope you find something that works for you! :hugs:

Thank you! had some mint tea today and it just made me more nauseated... UGH!

My husband and I have Veterans Administration "insurance," and they cover everything but meds. Zofran was $90 for me. I opted to wait till I absolutely have to have it to get it. I am already taking a Progesterone supplement, so I'm not really wanting to pay crazy amounts for anything I dont absolutely need yet. Medicine is so expensive for such tiny little pills

@Canthardlywait--

Hopefully you'll get the insurance thing worked out soon!! Just to echo what someone else said, Zofran wasn't a magic pill for me, but like she said, it does help take the edge off. For the past 6 weeks I've been feeling exactly the same as you! I'm also allergic to wheat, which eliminates many things that you can't eat either. I found that small bits of protein-heavy items have helped me immensely! I eat a bit of scrambled eggs (although I know some women can't stand the smell of them), yogurt, and my favorite is fruit smoothies with a bit of soy or whey protein in them. To be honest, the seabands didn't work for me either (although I wanted them to so badly!), and the ginger flavored items (gum, etc.) just made me more sick. But that's just me, I'm sure everyone is different. Thinking of you while you're waiting! It will eventually get better!

I just filled mine and it was around 10 dollars... I have a question tho to any of you ladies who have taken it... the bottle said it could cause drowsiness and so i haven't taken it because I work in a preschool and Id rather be barfing/feeling sick than to feel drowsy and not be able to keep up with the little guys... thoughts?

I haven't noticed it making me feel tired but I do occasionally get anxiety after taking it. It's listed as a side effect and can be difficult to deal with sometimes. It also TERRIBLY constipates people, so my doc told me to take a stool softener with it.

I won't know more until tomorrow! This is ridiculous. Everyone on this site takes zofran. But I guess I won't. I'm so mad.

Benadryl also works as an anti-emetic. Can you try that? It's on the safe list, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->