USA Mega Millions at 640 MILLION What would you do with it??

ohmyitschelsi

Momof1, TTC#2 Infertility
Reaction score
So in about a hour the numbers will be drawn and this is the highest the jackpot has ever been and everyone I know has boughten tickets. And I have decided I hate whoever wins haha.

SO my question is what would you do with 640 million dollars...

The only thing I can for sure think of is getting a house, and getting IVF as many times until I am pregnant, and of course what ever friends and family need. :)

before I start I'd like to say good luck on getting your BFP this cycle :hugs:

and I would give my parents, brothers, and sister a couple million a piece so they can take care of themselves.. then I'd buy a piece of land somewhere in a very remote place and have a 2,500 sq ft + bomb shelter built underground with 5-10 years worth of food that lasts a long time and have it stocked every year with new food.

I'd do some MAJOR prepping! then the rest I'd donate to charities, invest in stocks (to make more money) and so on and so forth.

Gosh, I have no idea. :(

We bought 10 tickets for $10 and didn't win. 3 people got the numbers last night though. :hissy: :haha:

We obv couldn't play in the UK,but I think one of the biggest jackpots here was about £47 million...

With that,and dean always laughs at me for this,the first thing I would do is go to Asda and do a massive shop,not having to think about what I'm spending :rofl:

I would get rid of our mortgage, buy a second home on Lake George, buy a new car, spend at least 2 weeks in England, set aside money for my children's college tuition, give money to animal shelters and maybe start up my own shelter. Then just put the rest away.

There is no way I could keep all that for myself! I would give money to all my family and friends, and donate to quite a few charities. I'd definitely buy my own home and car, but I wouldn't quit work cause I love my job and the people I work with. I'd love to open a free arts school that had the ability to offer credited qualifications for students. I'd also like to fund a centre for animals. Could do with a new wardrobe too :haha:

I'd buy a piece of land somewhere in a very remote place and have a 2,500 sq ft + bomb shelter built underground with 5-10 years worth of food that lasts a long time and have it stocked every year with new food.

I often think about doing this!

I'd buy a nice house in the UK (also do a huge food shop :haha:), somewhere abroad for holidays, get a good car, put some aside for LO, donate 100m to cancer research, give each family member 1m, set up a couple of businesses then give away what's left over.

It's a stupid amount of money tbh...

I wouldn't tell a soul that I had won outside of OH and a financial professional. I would go through the correct channels of being able to give money to charities so I wouldn't be hit with tax penalties. Giving away the money willy-nilly is irresponsible because most people don't realize that they still have to pay taxes on the money. 70% of lotto winners go broke so I'd make sure I'd have my affairs in order first, then I'd think of my family and others next. Being charitable with money is all well and good, but I wouldn't do it at the expense of my family, I'd want to make wise financial decisions.

Yeah, I wouldn't tell anyone about it except my husband and a financial advisor. I also wouldn't touch the money until I had time to mentally process it and make a plan.

I'd want to invest some in a bunch of small businesses, hopefully give the local economy a boost, provide some people with jobs. I also think it'd be awesome to buy a huge farm and grow organic vegetables and livestock, and then people could come and pay what they could afford for it, rather than having set prices for anything. Of course that would lose money, so I'd have to make sure that I had enough invested to cover the cost with the interest.

I wouldn't give any away to people or family, I wouldn't want people to think that they could just get money from me :wacko: That would probably make me really distrustful. But I would give to charities, especially local ones.

Keep 10mil for us, family and friends and give the rest to charity :D

Yeah, I wouldn't tell anyone about it except my husband and a financial advisor. I also wouldn't touch the money until I had time to mentally process it and make a plan.

I'd want to invest some in a bunch of small businesses, hopefully give the local economy a boost, provide some people with jobs. I also think it'd be awesome to buy a huge farm and grow organic vegetables and livestock, and then people could come and pay what they could afford for it, rather than having set prices for anything. Of course that would lose money, so I'd have to make sure that I had enough invested to cover the cost with the interest.

I wouldn't give any away to people or family, I wouldn't want people to think that they could just get money from me :wacko: That would probably make me really distrustful. But I would give to charities, especially local ones.

I feel the same way. I mean I sure as heck wouldn't expect my family to give me money "just because" if they won the lottery. :shrug:

Since after taxes you'd realistically see only like half of that money or around about anyways....DH and I talked about this and we decided that we would build our dream house, build more duplexes (DH and I have built 3 already that we currently rent out), and put money in interest-bearing accounts at every possible bank (we don't want all of our eggs in one basket:winkwink:), travel, and a HUGE shopping spree:haha: The clothes/shoes I like aren't terribly expensive, so a little would go a loooong way :thumbup:, and donate

1. I like the original poster, would fund several rounds of IVF until we got our child. Then adopt the second.
2. Buy brand new (petrol efficient) cars.
3. Buy a nice new home.
4. By my mother a brand new car and hire her an interior decorator.
5. Pay off my father's home.
6. Hire MIL an interior decorator to finish their basement and decorate the rest of her home.
7. Get FIL out to the coast and for him to have a week of deep sea fishing.
8. Set up monthly donations to a charity.

buy a nice home and a few holiday ones in different countries

start a charity and create schools & orphanages, sponsor as many children as I could

keep like some others have suggest around 10mil for ourselves, give 5mil to both parents, same for siblings and the rest to charities but I would want to do more then just hand over the money I would want to get involved with where the money goes and deal with communities personally where possible to stop the money being funneled through the system.

:flower:

forgot to add, I definitely would never ever reveal my identity in the news, thats just asking for trouble and scammers to come knocking.

640 million - wow!!
* buy a home and have it furnshed n decorated just right
*pay off debts
*buy car each
*buy each set of parents a home and set aside money for siblings to buy a home each,
*buy a big plot of land to build our own dream castle - yes a castle!
*put 1mil into a trust fund per child, with the proviso they dont wthdraw the full amout til theyre 30, once 18 they'll get the interest payments as "pocket money" large withdrawels could be made for - university, car, buying a home.
*set up a large account with a big chunk say 100 mil in it and the interest each month from it to be divided between Help4Heroes, Macmillan Nurses, Cancer Research and the RSPCA.
* get myself the leonberger and German Shepherd dogs i've always wanted.
* new wardrobes all round.

there'd be some leftover for sure , which would go into an account and we'd live off the interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->