Using boob as a dummy??

A

AppleBlossom

At first Grace wouldn't take a dummy and only ever wanted to feed. For the last week or so she has had a dummy a few times but the thing is when she feeds she keeps going and going and then still be hungry afterwards. For example yesterday I was going to a friends bbq so I expressed some milk for her as my nipples are beyond recongition and I needed a break, so I managed to get 3 ozs. When she woke up she drank it all in one go and 10 minutes later she was rooting so I gave her a boob and she had that and eventually fell asleep while sucking and then she spat my nipple out and lay there for a minute but as soon as I moved her she woke up and started rooting again so I gave her the other boob and she sucked for a while and fell asleep again. I gave her her dummy after that and she slept with it in for a while. I just don't know whether she's genuinly hungry or using me as a comforter as she eats so much all the time. At first I thought she might not be getting enough food but I know she must be as she comes off the boob herself and falls asleep. Any ideas?

no idea hun...its a shame ya cant get like fake nipples if thats the case n let her think its a nipple but urs are gettin a break..

shes gorgeous x x x x

My son does this all the time, and he won't take a dummy, so I am now a human pacifier. The thing is that a baby can't self-sooth for the first few months, and sucking is their only method of soothing, plus she wants/needs to be as close to you as possible. It is really hard sometimes and frustrating, but it does get better and she will learn to self sooth, my son is now sucking on his fist, and will fall asleep like that sometimes.

does she do it in the evening? if she is that's cluster feeding.... which means she is starting to settle into a routine... tanking up before a big sleep.

Bella does big time. She's better at finding her fist and will use that, but completely spits the pacifier out.

Jayden does this he hardly ever has a dummy cause he just spits it out, and i feed him loads and loads and hes always hungry afterwards. When i feed him he falls asleep on me and so i move him and he just wakes up again and crys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->