Uterine Infections???

misspeach24

Reaction score
Hello Ive been diagnosed with a uterine infection and been prescribed metronidazole antibiotics, 400mg, 3 a day for the course of 1 week.

I had some retained placenta which caused infection. Its now 6 weeks after giving birth. continued to bleed red (small clots) but lightly, and bad cramps.

I had an infection in the past due to an EVAC 5 years ago, and it was very serious and had to be hospitalised. Lucky to be here today!

I'm hoping that this time it clears up. I'm not bleeding no where near as bad as last time.

Does anyone else have experience of this? what was your treatment and was it successful??

I hope it clears up soon! How long does it usually take to recover?

Not quite the same but Ive just finished my 4th lot of antibiotics from having my c/s. Dr thinks I have a pelvic infection now, they did think uterine but werent sure.

Have you had a scan/swabs/bloods taken?

1 week of metronidazole should do the job (it didnt for me so I had another 2wk course after) but I would keep pushing if you dont think its right.

Sorry rambled a bit there, not sure if any of it helped

I had one withmy last baby...and had 2 course of metronidazole also due to anaerobic bacteria on culture...but that did the trick...also had prolonged bleeding. Am having bleeding still now, and same symptoms but swab neg strangely...was sure i had it agin. I empathise hun x

yeah its sooo debilitating because I want to go live back in the netherlands but need to make sure its cleared up first. I've finished the coarse today and stopped bleeding 3 days ago, but just there had a bit of what looks like placenta come out, hoping thats the last of it. Making doctors app later this week...thanks for your replies, I'm going to ask for another swab. It completely zappes my energy :(
mumof3 hope your okay, still bleeding after how long? Trust your instincts.

I have one at the moment, on a 5 day course of metronidazole. Feeling your pain! Hope it clears it up for you. I asked my MW if they would swab again after I finish the course, but she said they wont. I want them to though as I'm so paranoid it's not gone away! xx

cant help with your question but just wanted to say if yopu are on A-Bs get yourself some probiotic pills or live yoghurt as the last thing you want after what you are going through (especially as your immune system will be fighting the infection) is thrush as well.

hugs to you I hope you heal fast

Thanks for your replies, After the weeks course of antibiotics, it seemed to clear up for a few weeks....but now experiencing really sore cramps to last few days and a small amount of bleeding. Here in the netherlands now, as I dont have a doctor here going to the hosp to get it checked out monday. Its strange that it re-occured and I'm wondering if it did because i had sex..as it seemed to happen after that. Does anyone else experience this?

Hey chick, I was on the same antibiotics and it cleared up my infection in a week :flower:

Hi Ladies,

After my post natal bleeding stopped, i had sex with my partner, it didnt hurt bit i have been bleeding ever since, the first bleed was heavy but after than initial bleed its been light and red in colour but i still have to wear a pad everyday. I asked my doc and she didnt care, she woldnt even give me an answer and just dodged around it i feel like im being fobbed off...do you think this could be an infection?

any adive would help! thanks xx

Hey hun do you have a fever/chills (even low grade) discharge, abdo pain. Its more than likely just that the cervix was disrupted or maybe a bit inflammed OR its nothing to do with dtd and it's hormonal, especially if you are bfeeding. Get a high vaginal swab done to be sure.

Hope misspeach and others, you are doing well now. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->