UTI at 40 weeks - Labor?

ellasmummy

Reaction score
As some of you know i had contractions on thursday, after 5 hours they stopped. Ever since ive had constant backache and menstrual cramps which wont shift so today had to go to delivery suite to be monitored. The monitor showed my Uterus is Irritable and every now and then the contractions peak. After finding out i had a UTI when i was being sent home the MW said " I wouldnt be suprised if you go into labour as the infection has caused your Uterus to become irritable and its having spasms. They also peak every now and then which is showing signs its starting to build up contractions. This is normally just what you need to kick start the contractions So we will probably see you soon" So now im sitting at home thinking ok will i go today tomorrow next week??

Has anbody else experienced this before or known anybody this has happened to? Has a UTI sent anyone into labour before?

Thanks girls x

I haven't heard of anyone, but thinking about it, if you have diarreha (sp!) your bowel can irritate your uterus, causing contractions, so maybe your bladder can irritate it aswell.
Good luck xx

No I haven't hon, but good luck x x

Me neither - but again, good luck!! It must be your turn now!!!

Thanks for your replies girls. Just hoping something happens soon :D

theres a lady who had her baby prematurely because of a bladder infection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->