UTI help!

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I have a uti i was put on antibiotics this morning and i am feeling worse than i have since i got the symptoms, my stomach is sore, i need a wee but i cant get it out, i dont think i have any paracetamol, any remedies you can think of to help, i feel quite poorly with it.

I have a uti i was put on antibiotics this morning and i am feeling worse than i have since i got the symptoms, my stomach is sore, i need a wee but i cant get it out, i dont think i have any paracetamol, any remedies you can think of to help, i feel quite poorly with it.

Try Cranberry juice (the real stuff not the sugary punch kind) it is a natural UTI treatment drink several glasses a day it will work wonders and good and safe for baby too!

Try Cranberry juice (the real stuff not the sugary punch kind) it is a natural UTI treatment drink several glasses a day it will work wonders and good and safe for baby too!

also to help pee, sit in the tub (or stopper the shower drain if thats all you have) in a few inches of hot water, never scalding it should make you need to pee almost at once, may be a little gross but if your pee stings when you have to go you can do it in the water then just give your self a good rinse off with some clean warm mild soapy water after.

Paracetamol will really help if you can get some and just drink a ton of water. I know it feels like you already have to wee, but drink as much water as you possibly can to help flush it out.

I agree with the cranberry juice just make sure it's low sugar version. Also I find washing down there with Femfresh with cranberry and probiotics. It really helps to soothe it for awhile.
I feel your pain though, it's awful having to keep rushing to the bathroom only for the tiniest amount to come out with the feeling of perpetually needing a pee. hope you feel better soon when the antibiotics kick in x

Lots of rest, steady eating and (as above poster mentioned) a crap ton of cranberry juice! Keep an eye out for any potential kidney infection symptoms - rib and back pain, fever, chills or excessive amounts of blood in the urine. My UTI's often progress to kidney infections and it's certainly not enjoyable.
Take care! x

Sometimes i get back pain and stomach pain, im scared of a kidney infection, since i got my antibiotics today if it doesnt go by friday should i ring the doctors because its not open on the weekend and i dont want to be stuck with it all weekend x

yes, the antibiotics should make a difference pretty quickly. You'll probably start feeling better by tomorrow so if you're still in a lot of pain on Friday I'd call. I had that once where the antibiotics didn't really work and I ended up in emergency with a really high fever. Turned out I'm resistant to that particular antibiotic. Once they switched me to another one I was fine.

If you want to avoid sugary drink, you can buy cranberry pills. I take 2 a day to be on the safe side. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->