UTI or baby engaging?

burningred15

Reaction score
Hi, girls! :flower:

I am 28 weeks and since last night I have had the constant urge to pee. There is no burning or stinging and it's not difficult to go, but I am feeling general discomfort near my pelvis/bladder.

I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow anyway, but just wanted to see if you girls had any advice? I am so uncomfortable :nope: Is it too early for baby to be engaging? I definitely feel him kicking really low and it seems that my stomach is not nearly as high as it was yesterday.

Thanks for reading :hugs:

Hi, I didn't have this as early as you but by 32 weeks I had same symptoms. Felt like a uti but didn't sting when urinated.
Was just baby's head pressing on bladder as it engaged. It will pop back out and in a few times until 38 weeks when really you want it to stay!!! X

i was going toilet alot, but had no other symptoms when i had a uti. get them to check :)

I had this for just one whole day about a week ago, I has no other signs of a UTI so I just put it down to the position baby was in :) x

Thanks girls! It does seem like my belly has gotten smaller and lower, but it seems so early for that to be happening!!!!!

Baby doesnt normally engage or drop till about 34/36 weeks

Definitely get it checked. I had the same feelings of having to go more frequently, but without pain, as well as general discomfort down there. Turns out I had a really bad UTI. I always assumed I had to have more symptoms for that but I guess not. :dohh:

Just a quick update. It's definitely a bladder infection. Good to know that there doesn't have to be any burning/stinging for it to be an infection. If any girls out there are having similar symptoms, go get the antibiotics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->